Fly Deluxe 1994 high E string resistance

Discussions of every Fly in every variation including Deluxe, Classic, Mojo, Artist, Supreme, Stealth, Concert/Bronze, and custom Flys
KenanJ

Fly Deluxe 1994 high E string resistance

Post by KenanJ »

Hey guys,

I've recently acquired a 1994 oarker fly deluxe. It's a joy to play and my first fly ever certianly not the last!
I've dived a bit in the handbook since there is a lot to learn on how this beast work.

However i'm still a bit shy to try it tweaking in myself but stil, my high E string seems a little be hard to bend, like it's seems my finger goies underneeth. I'ts weird because action seems good on all the neck, so I was asking myself maybe I have to adjust something with the wheel or springs?

Sorry for being unprecise but i'm all new to this.

Cheers,

Kenan
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Fly Deluxe 1994 high E string resistance

Post by mmmguitar »

@KenanJ (click to enlarge)
height adjust.jpg
Tighten/turn the hex key clockwise to lower the bridge into the body, and loosen/turn counterclockwise to raise the height of the bridge. Because the bridge has a fixed radius, adjusting each side until the string height feels ideal/comfortable will be necessary. Ken's design has a learning curve in setting it up - But it's not as steep a curve as one might expect. The wheel is only used for calibrating the spring tension when you're setting it up for a particular gauge of strings.

Additionally, VJ has a thread here which may prove helpful in getting the trem set up.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
KenanJ

Re: Fly Deluxe 1994 high E string resistance

Post by KenanJ »

Thank you for the answer, I will check on that.
After close inspection I feel like the spring tension is too high it's maybe a tiny but bending upward so I will definitely check on VJ's thread.

Cheers