Looking for Pre refined electronics

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
ChamonX@

Looking for Pre refined electronics

Post by ChamonX@ »

Hello,

I'm a guitar maker and repairer and a customer of mine wants me to repair his pre refined Parker Fly 069087BP that get submerge during a cellar water damaged. The full electronic was under water for several hours and everything seems dead and rusty now.

I'm looking for replacement parts for all of the pcb type components. Anyone have parts for sell or is anyone making quality copies of this parts?

Any informations or hints welcome.

Thanks a lot
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Looking for Pre refined electronics

Post by mmmguitar »

ChamonX@ wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:00 am I'm looking for replacement parts for all of the pcb type components.
Any informations or hints welcome.
If you're attempting a 1:1 restoration project, that's going to be difficult; because the iteration of the preamp used in the 1990's has not been produced for many years, and has not officially been reproduced, yet. There's a page showing which parts have been sourced. I don't know what's currently going on with the sale of the flex PCBs - The other thread you inquired about them in would be the place to ask how you can currently purchase one. Update: A few days after posting, the Reverb store was restocked.

If, on the other hand, your customer is willing to restore the guitar with modern components, Graph Tech's Parker saddles and Acousti-Phonic preamp components are still produced. If the guitar's piezo saddles survived the water damage, you could replace the '90s Fishman preamp with the current Powerchip iteration. Note that neither modern preamp option was designed with the master volume and concentric piezo/tone pot functionality of the original Fly control layout in mind - Meaning you'll need to come up with a wiring scheme incorporating them (The modular nature of the Graph Tech preamp, its common pot values, and its plug-in components are better-suited for this job than the Fishman Powerchip; which has a 20k PCB pot mounted to the preamp board).

Note that the mono/stereo pushbutton switch used in the '90s Fly is unused in subsequent preamp iterations which automatically switch between mono T/S and stereo T/R/S cable plugs - So a modern rewiring job will leave an unused hole in the body, next to the battery compartment.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory