Midifly Back Plate

Parts, mods, projects, and requests/concepts based on adaptations of Fly parts
Voxbobby22

Midifly Back Plate

Post by Voxbobby22 »

Just wonder if there somewhere that I could obtain a back plate for a Midifly that I'm considering? Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question but I will take any help possible. Thanks all!
Nothing plays like a Parker!!!
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Midifly Back Plate

Post by mmmguitar »

Voxbobby22 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:50 am Just wonder if there somewhere that I could obtain a back plate for a Midifly that I'm considering? Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question but I will take any help possible. Thanks all!
Nothing plays like a Parker!!!
As I recall, you already own a MidiFly; and therefore can have someone who cuts pickguards trace and reproduce your rear cavity cover. Though not local to you, I know Terrapin Guitars in Oregon has made Parker backplates for other owners.

In the event you no longer have a MidiFly for reference, I can tag the three or four other MidiFly owners here for help and hope they have email notifications set up.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Voxbobby22

Post by Voxbobby22 »

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I don't have that one any longer or yes I could've done that. But if there is someone out there that could help me out with that I'd like to get in touch with them for sure. Thanks again!
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

@alienfreakout
@Securb
@freqrider
@novomidifly1
@neuguy
@roninracer

In the worst case scenario, it looks pretty straightforward to cut one in the silhouette of the screw holes. A temporary/low budget option could be cut to shape from a vinyl/rubberized plastic food tray, wastebasket, or rigid shelf liner from a Walmart or similar store using kitchen scissors, and screws pushed through the material with a thumb.

midifly rear.jpeg
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Voxbobby22

Post by Voxbobby22 »

I see a Midifly on Reverb missing the back plate. I'm surprised no one is making these. I've seen a few Niteflys missing them over the years as well.