3d models or blueprints of parker

General musical discussions that don't fall under other categories.
ohadaadr

3d models or blueprints of parker

Post by ohadaadr »

looked all over the internet and couldnt find any resources for 3d modeled guitars.
has any one tried to CNC a parker ?
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: 3d models or blueprints of parker

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @ohadaadr—we have 3D models of parts here and of the Fly body here. Please note that these are CAD not CAM, so you'll have to write your own toolpaths.

Additionally—and unrelated to Flys, specifically—you may be interested in a project we're doing in our lab called Fretology of which @Ken Parker is part of the advisory board.
lsdingdong

Post by lsdingdong »

Hi @vjmanzo, I might be too dense to figure it out but are there downloadable 3D files for the body? The link above lets me inspect the model in a web browser but no downloado

Maybe that's the intent and apologies if I'm being a luddite :D

Thank you!
Augustonian

Post by Augustonian »

Hey @vjmanzo, I would also be interested in a more direct download. I'd like to make a large circuit board and it would be very convenient to have a modeled version to compare with
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi both—this is what we have so far. The Fly body geometry on that model is not verified as accurate and, in fact, I'm sure that it's not accurate. I'm not comfortable putting it out for download as-is, so I hope the Fusion 360 reference is sufficient for now. We hope to revisit this aspect of Fly Clone later and work with the larger community here to refine this Fly (pun intended), but we're focused on some other things at the moment. I hope this news doesn't sting too badly.