Putting Nitefly or Stratocaster neck on P38 or P40

General musical discussions that don't fall under other categories.
neoftn

Putting Nitefly or Stratocaster neck on P38 or P40

Post by neoftn »

Hi all,

Title pretty much says it all. I've noticed Nitefly necks occasionally sell on Reverb and was wondering if it'd be seamless to put one on a P38 or P40 as it looks like they use the same bolt configuration? Also, if anyone would like to point out the remaining differences between a Nitefly and P38 besides the neck, I'd be interested to know, as the only other thing I'm aware of is the tremolo.

Also, does anyone know what would be required to put a stratocaster neck on a P38 or P40? Like what it'd entail and how difficult this would be?

Thanks in advance!
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Putting Nitefly or Stratocaster neck on P38 or P40

Post by vjmanzo »

neoftn wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:29 am If anyone would like to point out the remaining differences between a Nitefly and P38 besides the neck, I'd be interested to know, as the only other thing I'm aware of is the tremolo.
Hi @neoftn—I can answer this question: the biggest differences between a NiteFly and a P38 are that every aspect of the build of a NiteFly was quality controlled by Ken Parker and the team he worked with in Wilmington, Massachusetts, USA while the P38 and other P-Series Parkers, while designed by Ken Parker, were built and quality controlled by Cort overseas.

For more info, in the differences between these instruments I’d like to kindly recommend that you read through the catalogues and the History thread.