WTB - Parker Fly Classic Mahogany Natural

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
dekhaus

WTB - Parker Fly Classic Mahogany Natural

Post by dekhaus »

Hi All

I recently joined the site ... having started my search for a quality Parker a few days ago.

I'm specifically interested in the Parker Fly Classic Mahogany Natural model. If you have one in excellent/mint condition - please contact me

Thanks
Dave
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: WTB - Parker Fly Classic Mahogany Natural

Post by mmmguitar »

Welcome, @dekhaus. I'll keep an eye out for one. Do you have any preference regarding years/eras of production? Would a Natural Mojo be precluded from consideration? Just asking, for clarity's sake.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
dekhaus

Post by dekhaus »

Hi

I don't have a strong preference regarding era/year - my primary preference is a natural finish and a high quality Parker (excellent/mint).

I think I found a Parker Fly Mojo (with Seymour Duncan pickups) that I'm going to purchase (fingers crossed) ('post refined') - so it wouldn't make sense to buy another one of these. So a 'natural' Parker in excellent/mint condition is what I'm interested in.

Thanks
Dave
Ku

Post by Ku »

@dekhaus

I recently got my hands on a PF Classic BMH. It seems pretty rare as I am not finding them anywhere online. It's a 1999 Parker Fly Classic in MINT condition. Natural finish, the back is metal flake black. Comes with original gig bag. I am looking to sell it. I also have a 1993 PF in great, but used condition. Not selling that one only because I want to have at least one. Unlike probably EVERYONE ELSE on here,I don't really care much for the sound of these guitars. Everything about them is great except for the sound. They seem very thin, and even soulless to me. I am a Luthier and I build a lot of tele-like guitars. My builds SCREAM in comparison.
A friend that turned me on to PFs is a KILLER shredder, but his tone is weak and it almost seems as though his sound doesn't cut through when performing live. He exclusively uses PFs. On the other hand, I've had dozens of folks come up to me asking me what I play through, (I customize my Marshall heads and cabs as they do not endorse me), and people seem to be amazed by my tone. I use a DSL100 and/or a Marshall Mode Four. The latter, which everyone seems to slam, I've gotten so many compliments on while playing through. My main axe, which I built and have been playing on since 1989, has EMGs.

This is what I have:
Parker Fly Classic
SN 236029BMH USA (1999)
MINT Condition

I am going to post it on reverb and possibly here as well. I have been trying to find the actual value of this guitar, to no avail. I'm sure it is worth far more than what most of them are selling for, considering her age and MINT condition.