New happy owner of Parker Fly Deluxe

Show and tell! This is a place to showcase your Parker guitar! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
nonstoplife

New happy owner of Parker Fly Deluxe

Post by nonstoplife »

Greetings from Cape Town!

First time I held a Parker Fly in my hands in 2014, at the Three of a Perfect Pair Music Camp. It was Adrian Belew's own Signature Fly which he kindly let me hold and play a bit. Immediately I knew that I will own a Parker Fly one day. After 9 years of hunting I finally got my hands on a Parker Fly Deluxe 1995, serial number 067445BP.

The guitar is fitted with .10 spring. Unfortunately the tremolo bar and tremolo bushing are missing but thanks to all good folks on this forum I've got ideas how to get/make those. Looks like the original colour was red but it was repainted by one of the previous owners.

Everything works perfectly, the neck is unbeliavable, the best neck ever. The intonation is perfect everywhere. What a pleasure to play!
Attachments
ParkerFly2.jpg
ParkerFly1.jpg
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: New happy owner of Parker Fly Deluxe

Post by vjmanzo »

Welcome @nonstoplife!! Thanks for sharing these photos and some of the backstory—terrific!!! 🥳🤍

I love that white finish on your Fly, which Ken regarded once as his favorite:

“…maybe tied with green” 🙂
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Welcome @nonstoplife , she is a beaut!
syncopa
Forum Veteran

Post by syncopa »

nonstoplife wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:42 am Greetings from Cape Town!

First time I held a Parker Fly in my hands in 2014, at the Three of a Perfect Pair Music Camp. It was Adrian Belew's own Signature Fly which he kindly let me hold and play a bit. Immediately I knew that I will own a Parker Fly one day. After 9 years of hunting I finally got my hands on a Parker Fly Deluxe 1995, serial number 067445BP.

The guitar is fitted with .10 spring. Unfortunately the tremolo bar and tremolo bushing are missing but thanks to all good folks on this forum I've got ideas how to get/make those. Looks like the original colour was red but it was repainted by one of the previous owners.

Everything works perfectly, the neck is unbeliavable, the best neck ever. The intonation is perfect everywhere. What a pleasure to play!
nonstop,
Congrats on your latest purchase! Sorry to be off topic, but was the 2014 camp the one that culminated at Colony in Woodstock? I ask as I'm about 45 minutes from Big Indian, and I believe I have a recording of that show :!: ;) ;)
1998 Classic, 2003 FB-4, 2006 P6EB, 2010 NAMM Show DragonFly DFR522
nonstoplife

Post by nonstoplife »

syncopa wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:03 pm Congrats on your latest purchase! Sorry to be off topic, but was the 2014 camp the one that culminated at Colony in Woodstock? I ask as I'm about 45 minutes from Big Indian, and I believe I have a recording of that show :!: ;) ;)
Thanks! That is correct! The show was a blast, Stick Men followed by Adrian Belew Power Trio and then all of them playing together a long set of King Crimson tunes.
InsideInfo

Post by InsideInfo »

Congrats man, I think those white ones are some of the sharpest Parkers. It feels so strange to say I NEED A WHITE FLY in my collection. Like who cares about white or black usually right?? but on these guitars....something about that white finish damn it! Gorgeous.