Nitefly neck questions

Discussions of the NiteFly NFV1-8, NFV-M, and NFV-SA models
Browndog Owner

Nitefly neck questions

Post by Browndog Owner »

Hi Folks,

I was going through my collection of Nifefly necks and found 4, pictured below. Coincidentally, all 4 have the same truss rod problem. Namely, they’re all cranked up and the neck won’t go flat. Having said this,

Can anyone recommended a qualified luthier that can repair these necks?

Also, I’ve taken pics of the serial numbers liked up, what are the ages of each neck? Any and all help appreciated. Thanks.
Browndog Owner

Re: Nitefly neck pics

Post by Browndog Owner »

Here are the pics that I forgot to add in the last positing.
Attachments
Nitefly neck pics here
Nitefly neck pics here
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Nitefly neck questions

Post by mmmguitar »

@Browndog Owner, it's a matter of whether you're willing to ship the necks cross-country to the most recommended places (e.g., Third Coast, iGuitar, etc.), seek someplace local to you (I'm afraid we've yet to receive any for your region in the local tech thread), or attempt a repair method yourself.

Note that, although many clever luthiers and techs have invented some terrific jigs and tools for the job, any repair attempt will essentially be the following (this also assumes that your truss wires are intact; with the truss nuts merely tightened all the way and hopefully not crushing the wood where they're anchored):

Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Browndog Owner

Post by Browndog Owner »

Great info. I’m going to get them all repaired. Thank you. Can you tell me what year are the above necks?
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Browndog Owner wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:13 am Can you tell me what year are the above necks?
You can decode each serial on the serials thread. 🥣
vjmanzo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:11 am The NiteFly uses a different system using either a five or six digit serial number. The first one or two digits show the month, the third is the last number in the year, and the last three digits show the number in that months production.

Here’s a NiteFly serial number example:
Serial Number 117123
11=(Month) November
7=(Year) 1997
123=(Number of guitar that month) 123
Browndog Owner

Post by Browndog Owner »

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know what adhesive is used to glue the nut onto a Parker neck? Hide glue? Super Glue? Elmers?

Thanks.