Maybe you have my old Fly Deluxe? Gold 1996 w/coil taps

Show and tell! This is a place to showcase your Parker guitar! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
Darth Tater

Maybe you have my old Fly Deluxe? Gold 1996 w/coil taps

Post by Darth Tater »

Going down memory lane here, I just posted a .010 gauge spring in the classifieds that came with my Fly from the 90's and was just curious if maybe somebody here had my old Fly? I sold the guitar probably in 2002 or so.

This Fly is unique because back in the day I was very brave and I figured out the pickup wiring and added a mini switch for each pickup for series/single/parallel switching. I don't know if that exists on any other Fly :)

I also installed Dunlop Straplocks, I remember having to cut the screw for the upper horn shorter so it wouldn't go through the back of the body!

mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Maybe you have my old Fly Deluxe? Gold 1996 w/coil taps

Post by mmmguitar »

It may just be my imagination running wild, but that modded Deluxe does ring a bell for me, @Darth Tater; due to that switching layout being rare to see on a Fly without a Sustainiac pickup in the neck position. I'll certainly keep an eye out for it.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory