Yet another recently addicted to Parker guitars...(Greetings from Greece!!!)

Show and tell! This is a place to showcase your Parker guitar! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
Jupiter

Re: Yet another recently addicted to Parker guitars...(Greetings from Greece!!!)

Post by Jupiter »

Patzag wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:19 pm And your name is Jupiter and not Zeus?
:lol:

Jupiter, Zeus, Adonis, it's all Greek to me... :P

Naaaaah, my user name is inspired by one of my all time favorite Coltrane's tracks (I must have listened to the whole Interstellar Space at least 300 times).
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Re: Yet another recently addicted to Parker guitars...(Greetings from Greece!!!)

Post by Patzag »

Young Ioannis is a dedicated musician. He studies percussion, and one day gets the opportunity to go to the US to study.
His parents foster his commitment and help him in his endeavor.
He returns to Greece after an extended stay in the US and upon his return is eager to show his gratefulness to his parents for supporting him.
"Look!" he says - and proceeds to show them the Buddy Rich solo he learned hit for hit.
His father looks upon him with some benevolence and after the demonstrations says:
"Ioannis, we are simple people, with simple musical tastes. Could you not keep the back beat on the 7 and the 13?"

Ba-Da-Boom-Pshhh!
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Question, are there any videos that show how exactly Bullwinkle wall hangers "work" with Parker guitars?

I understand the logic behind it but I would like to see it in action, how easy is to attach it to the headstock etc.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

@Patzag hahahaha, why I have the feeling (actually the certainty) you are also in the fractal audio forum?

Talking about small world, huh?

(member since 2011 myself, same username)
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

Jupiter wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:51 am @Patzag hahahaha, why I have the feeling (actually the certainty) you are also in the fractal audio forum?

Talking about small world, huh?

(member since 2011 myself, same username)
Guilty as charged!
Also member since 2011 - same name!

We only settle for the best!
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Patzag wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:30 am Guilty as charged!
Also member since 2011 - same name!
So, let me get this straight...you love Parker guitars, you hate that split-coily mid position (so you modfied it, and I am about to do the same btw), you love FAS modelers and you registered back in 2011...

OK, now it's my turn...

...BROTHER!!! :P
Patzag wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:30 am We only settle for the best!
You betcha! :D
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Well, well, well, what do we have here?
signal-2023-06-07-225957.jpeg
Mitch has already unsoldered the wires just by looking at them...
signal-2023-06-07-230211.jpeg
Mitch isolated the wires, again, just by looking at them...
signal-2023-06-07-225936.jpeg
So, it has been done!

Now. all the positions are 101% useful to me!

Big thanks to Mitch (the Wizzard) and to you guys for the help!!!
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

Fabulous! Mitch is a real wizard!
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Question...before Parker (aka BP) I had a string ritual, after finishing playing with my guitars.

I would first clean them with a piece of cloth to remove sweat, dirt etc, then I would clean the side of the strings that touch the frets with a small and narrow strip of cloth and then I was applying Fast Fret. When the strings were a bit dirtier than usual, I would do the same ritual but instead of a dump cloth I would use a cloth with a bit of white spirit to remove the extra dirt, mild rust etc.

Ever since I got my Parker I don't use Fast Fret just in case.

How do you guys clean your strings?
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

My ritual when changing strings is to use a microfiber cloth (I buy these) and run one side of it under the sink so I can add a little water to the fretboard as needed to help clean it.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Yes, but what about maintaining the strings until you change them?

Fast Fret has been doing the job for me the last 20 years, now it's out of the equation cause of the glued frets.

So, what everybody does to maintain the strings on their Parker guitars?
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Ahh sorry I missed that—I was adding to the post just now: I don’t actually deep-clean the strings. I do wipe the strings with a dry microfiber cloth after I play; seems to be good enough to get some oil off of them, but I’m always prepared to change them with another set when they get kind of dead.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

When you're addicted, well, you're addicted, right?
355802790_279703487775972_9145117518832648647_n.jpg
355583791_1364950244065302_5050582182619457848_n.jpg
Welcome homw , '98 Fly Classic...while not necessarily stoned, you are...beautifuuuuuul....
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Congrats!!! 🥳
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Mitch did it again...he never touched the guitar, he did the mod just with the power of his mind, lol...
signal-2023-06-25-223621.jpeg
And it's been tested in real world conditions...
signal-2023-06-25-223655.jpeg
Truth to be told, the moment I played her with my FM9 (same preset I use with all my guitars) I knew that this will be my #1 guitar...this has also been confirmed with real tube amps. I like it better than my Deluxe and the only difference is the wood of the body...I guess the type of wood DOES make a difference (same strings, same setup, pickups obviously etc.)...
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Jupiter wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:43 pm I like it better than my Deluxe and the only difference is the wood of the body...I guess the type of wood DOES make a difference (same strings, same setup, pickups obviously etc.)...
I'll go so far as to claim that no two Flys sound exactly alike - You'll always find you prefer one to the other; and it's part of the joy of treasure hunting. That I mod all my Flys compounds this; because I inevitably rotate between which is my latest favorite.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

mmmguitar wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:26 pm I'll go so far as to claim that no two Flys sound exactly alike
Yes! @Ken Parker has told me and some of my students many times the story of him attempting to create two identical Fly Deluxes from the same batch of wood and to the same specs/tolerances—he made these two guitars himself at the factory as purposely identical as he could, and at the end of the day one sounded a little more mellow and one sounded a little snappier and in your face.

Go figure! Wood is a miracle fiber!