P44 a weird issue that I cant figure

PM10s, PM20s, PDFs, and all other P Series guitars and basses
RedneckR0nin

P44 a weird issue that I cant figure

Post by RedneckR0nin »

I have a p44 that I have a issue with. Sometimes you plug it in and everything is fine. Other times while playing it will all of a sudden generate low pitch feedback that gets higher and higher..not volume wise but pitch wise and stops at that high pitch....sometimes not going away...sometimes goes away without killing my amp or disconnecting the cord. Other times Ill be playing and the sound will get slight fuzz but drop to like 5% of total volume and not move from that until I disconnect it. While all of these things have been happening I've done the obvious trouble shooting...flicked the toggle switch, played with dials, split the coils and even though some things might adjust what's happening ever so slightly the odd time...nothing is all the time affecting what is going on....
Anyone have any idea what I'm looking for or is there even a electronics chart so I know what to take a multi meter to and see where the problem COULD be? If anyone needs further proof or examples to help just let me know and Ill post a video of it happening to maybe figure it out.
RedneckR0nin

Re: P44 a weird issue that I cant figure

Post by RedneckR0nin »

And now it sounds like it has a built in echo/delay...and is at half volume....sorta frustrating and checked the wiring diagram...I dont think anything is out of place from what I can see visually.
Musikron

Post by Musikron »

That sounds more like an amp issue to me.
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

Battery?
edwinnel

Post by edwinnel »

Mine will do that when the 9v battery is crapping out. Try replacing the battery