Nitefly Dimensions.

Discussions of the NiteFly NFV1-8, NFV-M, and NFV-SA models
airbags

Nitefly Dimensions.

Post by airbags »

Hello all, new to the forum - looks like a fabulous place and I'm enjoying learning.

I got into the idea of owning a Parker after seeing a P30 in a pawn shop several years ago. I knew it wasn't "the genuine article" and should have sought one out as soon as I became familiar, now the values are super high. Lame.

Anyway, I've come to the idea of getting a Nitefly.

I'm flying home to Texas in a couple of weeks to see my mom and there's a Nitefly for sale, locally. If I do pick it up, I'll want to fly it back here to washington. I know that the SKB iSeries cases are flight-worthy after having flown with a Telecaster before, and I can order one and have it delivered to mom's place. I'm curious, however, if the Nitefly would fit into the 4214-OP case.

https://www.skbcases.com/products/i-ser ... uitar-case

What are the overall dimensions of the Nitefly? I have spent the better part of today looking all over the place and I can't find anything. There are "plans" for sale on Amazon with a whole bunch of measurements, but blowing $30 for specs seems ridiculous to me. The case's body cavity is 17.25" x 3.125" x 13.25"

Thanks!
valrus

Re: Nitefly Dimensions.

Post by valrus »

Hi @airbags! I just measured my Nitefly at just under 38" long x 13" wide (at approximately its widest point) x 2.5" thick.

I'm guessing you typo'd the case dimensions? 17.25" is like... a ukulele. 😆

I think it will likely fit — my understanding is a Nitefly is roughly Strat dimensions and I can't imagine anyone making an electric guitar case that doesn't fit a Strat.

I won't charge you $30 for this info but you have to promise to post a pic of the Nitefly if you end up getting it!!!
airbags

Post by airbags »

You had me all freaked out and reaching for a tape measure! :lol:

No, the BODY CAVITY measures out that way, not the entire interior. However, good to know a ukulele will fit in my Strat case.

And thanks for the information! I hope this doesn't turn out to be the pursuit of an untamed anatidae. :D
valrus

Post by valrus »

Well, now I have to confess that I just don't really know what those dimensions actually mean. The body of my NiteFly, from end pin to tip of upper horn, measures about 18". But from the end pin to where the body meets the neck (i.e. where the supports on either side of the neck terminate in the body cavity in the case you linked) it's only about 14.5".