P38 replacement parts

PM10s, PM20s, PDFs, and all other P Series guitars and basses
tyerman.john

P38 replacement parts

Post by tyerman.john »

Greetings, how do I get hold of a list of now available parts and prices for my fly? Model number P38 s/n P01011486.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

P38 replacement parts

Post by vjmanzo »

Welcome, @tyerman.john! Please read the FAQ page to see what information and resources are available for your needs. 🙏
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: P38 replacement parts

Post by mmmguitar »

+1 to VJ, including the “Welcome, @tylerman.john.” I’ve moved your question to its own topic in the P series section. The only parts for your P38 which have gone out of production are the Parker-branded ones (OEM pickups, body, neck).

All other hardware can still be purchased on the retail market. Please let us know which parts you intend to replace or are curious about. To make sifting through the various topics a bit easier: Your P38 is not a “Fly.” The P series guitars are constructed traditionally (no carbon fiber) and use more readily-available parts (no proprietary electronics or hardware) - So there’s much less that can go wrong, and any tech can service the guitar as one would a Strat.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Mr V

Post by Mr V »

Hi I am new to this forum
So am not sure if I’m in the right section ? I’m from the uk and have a p38 with the Wilkinson piezobridge I was adjusting the intonation a few weeks ago after a restring and have now noticed that one of the wires has pulled out from one of the saddles and that individual saddle is obviously not working had anyone got any ideas repair 😳 or where to find a replacement saddle
Cheers Mr v
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Mr V wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:41 am Hi I am new to this forum
So am not sure if I’m in the right section ? I’m from the uk and have a p38 with the Wilkinson piezobridge I was adjusting the intonation a few weeks ago after a restring and have now noticed that one of the wires has pulled out from one of the saddles and that individual saddle is obviously not working had anyone got any ideas repair 😳 or where to find a replacement saddle
Cheers Mr v
If you scroll down the main page of flyclone.com, there's a dedicated "P series" tech section I've moved your post to. If you or a tech can't get the broken element wire resoldered, you should be able to order replacement elements/saddles for a Powerbridge VS-50P Wilkinson trem from Fishman or through a dealer. In the US, they sell the saddles individually. Depending on your local distributor's policies, they may insist you purchase an entire set of saddles or the full bridge assembly.

Edit: I almost forgot to welcome you to the site! If ever you feel like showing off your P-38, we'll all be happy to see it and/or read your impressions of it.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
chrisandrews

Post by chrisandrews »

Can you supply a pic of required saddle as I have a few different types.

I'm based in UK.

Thanks
Mr V wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:41 am Hi I am new to this forum
Cheers Mr v