Congrats and question

General musical discussions that don't fall under other categories.
Dingus

Congrats and question

Post by Dingus »

Hey all, congrats VJ for getting those circuit boards and springs back in production. I'm sure there are other people to thank so thank you to all who helped, it's amazing what you've accomplished. I don't need any of those boards yet but I'm gonna buy one to support and have for spare. I'm lazy so I haven't read anything anywhere else but do you know what is coming out next? Please say replacement knobs 😀 if you need in investor to get first batch made pm me. Hope all is well with you VJ. Cheers
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Congrats and question

Post by vjmanzo »

Thanks @Dingus! Appreciate the kind words! In lieu of a purchase, you could also make a donation to our efforts at http://electricguitarinnovationlab.org/donate — thanks for supporting and being a part of Fly Clone 🙏🙂

Unofficially, here’s some of what we have working on right now:
-springs
-jack-tightening wrenches
-whammy bars (hex and rounded)

There are many other things in the pipeline, but these are the things we’re sinking a lot of effort into getting out the door.

I’d love your help sponsoring a replacement knob project! Are you referring to the original rubber knobs? Those were a catalog item that we have linked from the parts page. Thinking of something else?
Dingus

Post by Dingus »

Yeah the original rubber knobs. Youb guys are working on that too just not has high priority you mean? Thx
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

The original rubber knobs for the Fly were an off-the shelf part just like the one listed on the parts page except solid black, so making these wasn’t something we’d considered. The only knobs that Ken and crew made in-house at Parker Guitars were the original rubber NiteFly knobs.
Dingus

Post by Dingus »

I'm not sure if I'm totally getting what you mean but I am kinda dense haha. I understood the problem with getting just any old machine shop to make those damn springs but the knobs, why can't find a shop in China to reproduce them exactly and then recoup costs by selling them on eBay and the verb? Might not be a money maker but so what, we'd have the knobs again and stop the raping lol. What the last set of knobs I saw on reverb? Fecking 500 or something? Yeah right!
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Bump. @Dingus, I stumbled across a company called "Knobeez" which produces rubber knobs. They don't seem to have a concentric pair of knobs listed to replace the piezo vol/tone control on Ken-era Flys - But it can't hurt to ask them to fabricate one.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

mmmguitar wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:35 am Bump. @Dingus, I stumbled across a company called "Knobeez" which produces rubber knobs. They don't seem to have a concentric pair of knobs listed to replace the piezo vol/tone control on Ken-era Flys - But it can't hurt to ask them to fabricate one.
Love their colored knobs!