Parker Fan since 2001

Show and tell! This is a place to showcase your Parker guitar! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
Milonost

Parker Fan since 2001

Post by Milonost »

Hello everyone my name is Milovan!
Very happy and grateful to be in this forum, I hope to help with my knowledge of these guitars and nourish myself with their knowledge!
I am an amateur musician, I have been playing for 20 years, I have had many guitars of all ranges and I still keep my Parkers.
My first approach was in 2001 when I saw Gustavo Cerati with his black Parker Fly and from that moment I fell in love with the brand.
I come to show my 2 Parkers that I currently have:
My PM10:
It's my first mid-low range guitar, which I love and have all its candy. Guitar bought in 2006 and made in 2004 in Korea, I am the only owner and it was one of the few that arrived in Chile.
I have changed the pickups for some Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz and I am also putting a Kaish electric piezo.
Famous guitar that happened on the Youtube channel:
Link:
a4aea164-3765-4ee8-8ca9-71941207ca4c.jpg
My Nitefly SA:
Bought 3 years ago from the sole owner, who was a professional musician. Manufactured in 2001 and I have only changed the potentiometers and cables for maintenance.
A brutal guitar, very resonant and with a very strat sound, beating my Jackson PC1, my PRS Silversky and my Fender Custom Shop CC 56 that were sold after losing to my Nitefly.
Currently I want to improve it aesthetically by painting it a metallic color and changing the pickguard and I would appreciate advice. :D
IMG-0314.jpg
7D9A866C-BA38-47D7-90B2-A4766B80510A.JPG
IMG-4965.jpg
IMG-5800.jpg
I have been about to buy a Fly on several occasions but for different reasons I have not been able to, but one day I will have it... ;)
Many thanks for everything
Regards
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Re: Parker Fan since 2001

Post by Patzag »

Welcome!
Nice collection!
I want to see your face when you play a Fly the first time! 😃
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Welcome, @Milonost! Pleased to meet you!!

I'll echo what Pat said: nice collection! 8-) Stay good!
Milonost

Post by Milonost »

Thank you very much to both!
I have been following the forum for many years, and thanks to that I have restored and modified my Parkers and I am happy with what it can help!
Milonost

Post by Milonost »

I take advantage of this thread to comment on my experience with the new modification I made to my Parker PM10.
PM10bridge.jpg
I have installed a tune-o-matic bridge with piezo electric from Kaish. The installation has been relatively easy, from the cab of the pickup connect the cable to a switch to choose the audio output and then to a stereo connector. The most painful thing is to make the hole in the top of the guitar for the switch hahaha.

They currently have a 4-pin stereo connector, so a stereo cable is needed to use the piezo audio, but an 8-pin connector will arrive in a couple of days so I can use any cable.
PM10wiring.jpg
In conclusion, the truth is that the sound has surprised me a lot, it is very similar to the sound of the piezo and the original Fishman preamp of my Parker Nitefly SA.
I recommend the modification to those who have a Parker from the P series with a tune-o-matic bridge.

Any questions or if you need the wiring diagram, do not hesitate to write me!
Greetings!