Old timer….

Show and tell! This is a place to showcase your Parker guitar! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
ElCidOfZen

Old timer….

Post by ElCidOfZen »

Greetings, and thanks for the add. I’ve been playing since the early 70’s, and somehow missed the Parker Fly during its production. With a plate in my fretting wrist, and arthritis starting up in my hands and in general (I’m pushing 60), I’ve found the Fly to be the most comfortable guitar I’ve ever played. I now own two: a 1997 Gold Deluxe, and a 2003 Mojo, both purchased in the last month on Reverb. Incredible instruments.
AD44AF69-6FA1-4227-9018-CAA5CAC5A79D.jpeg
4E25A2FC-B169-440E-A946-937E9FA640EF.jpeg
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Old timer….

Post by vjmanzo »

Welcome @ElCidOfZen! Thanks for posting this info and these images! Love it! I'm sure @Ken Parker will be thrilled to read that his efforts to make the Fly comfortable, balanced, and ergonomic are helping you to continue being musical despite the wrist hurdles—it brought a smile to my face to read it as well!

Thanks for being part of our community!
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

I saw both of your Flys when they were on Reverb, @ElCidofZen - How do you feel about the bone nut on the gold Deluxe vs the graphite one on the Mojo? Are you running the same gauge strings on both? As VJ said, welcome to our little corner of the internet.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

Welcome Aboard, Shipmate!
ElCidOfZen

Post by ElCidOfZen »

Thanks everyone! First: The bone nut has to go, fortunately the original came with her. There’s an impurity causing a little deadness to the open G. Additionally, I’ve ordered some Gen #2 replacement pups for the Deluxe. They both play incredibly well, but I’ve got to give the electrified edge to the Mojo, with the hotter Seymour Duncan’s, and a coil tap. I’ll be setting one up with 9’s, and the other with 10’s or 11’s.