Who's got a NItefly M?

Discussions of the NiteFly NFV1-8, NFV-M, and NFV-SA models
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Who's got a NItefly M?

Post by Patzag »

I'm looking at options to get a guitar that can do a little more PAF-sounding tone than my classic (which is already pretty good). I was wondering about the NItefly M.
I'm not a huge fan of the thick Nitefly neck but I might let myself be tempted if the sound is good enough.
Any experience? Anyone?
Randallw

Re: Who's got a NItefly M?

Post by Randallw »

The NiteFly M (NFV-M), specifically the sans-pick guard version introduced in 2001, with its mahogany body and specially voiced PAF style DiMarzio’s sounds very “woody!” The neck most definitely has more girth, though! I was the product manager at the time and failed to keep one of these for myself…
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

Hi Randall,
Welcome to the Fly Clone forum!
Thanks for the info.
Yeah, I'm not super fond of the fatter neck on the Nitefly,
What years were you active at Parker Guitars?
Randallw

Post by Randallw »

I was the product manager for Parker at Korg USA starting sometime in the mid 90s after Ritchie Fliegler, the original product manager left Korg for Fender. When Korg sold their share of Parker to Ken and Larry Fishman I started working at Parker in Massachusetts continuing as the product manager until sometime in 2002.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Great to meet you, @Randallw! Glad you're here! Welcome!
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

Randallw wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:33 pm I was the product manager for Parker at Korg USA starting sometime in the mid 90s after Ritchie Fliegler, the original product manager left Korg for Fender. When Korg sold their share of Parker to Ken and Larry Fishman I started working at Parker in Massachusetts continuing as the product manager until sometime in 2002.
That's very cool.
That means at least one of my guitars came through the team under your supervision. What a great product!
Great to have you here. I'm sure you'll have some very valuable input in this tight community!