The Mythical ‘92 Fly Deluxe

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
vjmanzo
Site Admin

The Mythical ‘92 Fly Deluxe

Post by vjmanzo »

The first production Fly guitars were from 1993 and had Redwood necks and basswood bodies thus denoted with the serial letters RP (as opposed to the latter BP for basswood and poplar). The basswood poplar combination was chosen for production models by @Ken Parker after the use of redwood necks without issues proved to be too much of a variable for production use.

Periodically, a refinished Fly will appear on eBay and Reverb with narrative that it was made in or before 1993, which they were not.

Pardon me, please, if this post sounds like a reprimand against such a seller, which it is certainly not intended to be; this post is an attempt to help keep incorrect information from circulating.

EDITED
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: The Mythical ‘92 Fly Deluxe

Post by mmmguitar »

I particularly enjoy the “rare, orange peel finish - only one of its kind” selling point in the description. The texture of the guitars I spraypainted as a teenager was uncommon in the marketplace for a reason.

Update: Seller changed listing to reflect 2002 date.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory