Midifly Piezo/Midi issues

Discussions of the NiteFly NFV1-8, NFV-M, and NFV-SA models
Voxbobby22

Midifly Piezo/Midi issues

Post by Voxbobby22 »

Hello everyone. Just purchased a Midifly (had one previously and loved it!) and right out of the gate I had a low "E" Piezo issue. Low volume, buzz and some weird screeching. Just touching the low e saddle I could tell something was up. I loosened it and manipulated it few times and now that seems to be working as it should. Perhaps a loose or corroded wire? Ground issue? Needs re-soldered? Anyway, today I received a Roland GR-33 that I bought and when I hooked it all up - I got nothing from Midi section of guitar. Everything else seems fine. I tried to follow the diagram in manual. Don't recall how I used to set it up but never once had an issue before with previous Midifly. I'm confused with where I would go with the "out" from the GR33? Where would this plug in on back of my head? I tried a Midi out Midi in which didn't work. If I use guitar out on back of GR-33 I'm not sure where it would go from there? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if the GR33 works lol. May have to take that to local.music store to see if it's functioning properly. If so, then I know it's the guitar. But the Piezo issue leads me to think it may also have a Midi issue. Hope I'm wrong. Anyone seen this before? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Was so excited this afternoon. So deflated now lol. Ugh.
Attachments
image_6483441 (7).JPG
Screenshot_20220717-000944_OneDrive.jpg
20220717_001851.jpg
20220717_001413.jpg
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Midifly Piezo/Midi issues

Post by mmmguitar »

@Voxbobby22, are you active on VGuitarForums, at all? If not, I suggest asking there, as well. Unfortunately, there’s been very little knowledge of MIDIFly maintenance and troubleshooting shared in this community - The only unicorn rarer is the Adrian Belew signature Fly.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Midifly Piezo/Midi issues

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @Voxbobby22—bummer! Have you checked all of the obvious things like batteries, knobs, cables?

It’s best to test these things out sequentially as you probably know. Does signal pass from the guitar to the MIDIAxe? Does any MIDI activity light up on the GR-33?

Somewhat related, was it your intention to use the MIDIFly to control the MIDI input on your amp? The MIDI control of an amp is usually for changing settings on the amp itself through MIDI CC events as opposed to MIDI pitch events like you have running to the GR-33.

Just curious.

+1 to mmmguitar’s suggestion.