Gold fly deluxe feeler.

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
Lenny22

Gold fly deluxe feeler.

Post by Lenny22 »

I got a gold fly deluxe back in the late 2000’s and it has a few issues, and I am considering selling since I am in an inpatient physical therapy rehab and need some cash. I’ll get my son to snap some pics if there is interest here. I think it is late 90’s or early 2000’s model, 2 dimarzio pickups, piezo bridge. It has the classic paint issues around the neck joint but it is super stable, intermittent input jack, missing trem spring (blocked at the moment) and no trem arm. It sounds and plays amazing but could be netter appreciated and use some TLC. I’m not sure what it is worth in this condition, I know it has some real value but id be looking for a fair deal, cash, trade with cash maybe… anyway id be happy to answer any questions and get some photos, and even just some good advice so I do t get ripped off, or worse think I have a diamond and it’s really a cz

Name is Mike, call or text is fine 6099542101 messages here work too. Thanks in advance
Lenny22

Re: Gold fly deluxe feeler.

Post by Lenny22 »

Fly 1.JPG
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Welcome, @Lenny22. I’m afraid the Parker market has just been a ridiculous game of hot potato for most of the past two years: No matter what price you sell the guitar for or what condition it’s in, there’s a chance your buyer will immediately relist it on Reverb for profit without having bothered to repair or restore anything.

An eBay auction is about the most accurate way of determining its actual value, these days. Given the guitar is described as essentially a fixer-upper needing its proprietary output jack repaired or replaced, its trem doesn’t work unless someone wants to pay an additional $85-175 for a spring when one gets listed for sale and then fabricate their own hex trem arm, and we’re waiting on photos of its finish cracks, I couldn’t tell you what it’s worth other than to suggest you could start at $2k and haggle down from there. Based on the description, it could sell for over $2k with its issues sorted out.

That’s just my two cents. Hopefully others will chime in.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Lenny22

Post by Lenny22 »

Thank you for your reply! That is about what I was thinking would be the answer. There is so much greed out there it is quite amazing!! Well I will be taking reasonable offers before I post on fleabay and I’ll find a group on Facebook too. My 13 year old son will snap some better photos and hopefully I can come out of all this medical stuff without having to sell a kidney!!! Haha

Thanks again for the honest opinion!!
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @Lenny22,

I see that mmmguitar replied while I was typing, so I’ll say that agree with everything he said. I can certainly appreciate the situation—here are some things to consider:

-we have a thread here where we discuss the “market rate” for Flys, which has fluctuating significantly over the past several months and, in fact, the past two years.

-based on what you can see on eBay and Reverb recently, a Fly Deluxe like yours in good condition with the right wave of interest, right now, might get your somewhere in the mid to high $2ks. After fees and taxes you’d be looking at a few hundred less than that.

-your Fly with the missing spring and the iffy jack could knock a few more hundred off of the listing or, at least, slow down the time it takes to find a buyer willing to meet you in the mid-$2k territory.

-just three years ago, a Fly Deluxe like yours in that condition might get less than $1200 on eBay or Reverb and maybe $900 locally on Craigslist. The market is fluctuating rapidly and it’s possible that if you listed it on eBay for $2500, it could sit there for a week with no bids, then you wait a week and list it for $2500 again and it sells.

-If you list the Fly online and the buyer comes back with a list of complaints because a fret needs attention or the truss doesn’t move smoothly or whatever else, then you’d go through the hassle of having to take the guitar back and you’d waste time.

-Fly Deluxe is the most common model of Fly. If you sell your Fly lower than the highest end of the current market value because you’re looking for a fast, local, cash sale, you can always find another Fly Deluxe at some other point in life if you feel you need one and simply be prepared to pay the difference in price given the condition or other “market forces”.

This is my personal opinion:

If it were me, I’d disclose the shortcomings clearly as you’ve done and be happy with anything north of $1600 for someone to meet you or your son nearby and bring you cash.

The type of buyer your looking for is likely one of the folks that lurk this forum looking for a “project Fly” that they can restore/hot rod and otherwise experiment with. That sort of buyer lurks the classified ads looking for the elusive low-priced Fly and would scoop this up in any condition for the right price; they have spares of the parts needed to complete/replace what’s missing on this Fly and they’d probably be open to accepting the instrument “as is” once they owned it.

I hope this helps. Other opinions welcome, of course.

Once you decide on an asking price, you’re welcome to post that asking price here and sell it privately.
Lenny22

Post by Lenny22 »

Wow. That is some real practical knowledge you just dropped and I can’t find a single flaw in your thinking!!!

I am trying to have my son stop by the house and take some good photos for me today. I’ll post as soon as I ge them. I am located in Virginia Beach Virginia.

After some consideration and all the awesome advice I got here I have a few thoughts.
1. A fast sale would be ideal as I have mounting bills.
2. A quick flip for greed would be very disappointing.
3. I would prefer a local sale so the buyer can see, feel, and hear the guitar and know that it will not take much to get it to where it is tip top.
4. I do not need to get max market value, I’d rather get a fair price from someone who will love and play it!! It is a long story but I am the second owner and there is a lot of sentimental value in it for me that has nothing to do with $$ just that it will be played and appreciated.

That said. $2200 or best offer takes it. I’ll ship if necessary but I’d rather it be local. I’ll have photos soon and for anyone serious I’ll get more specific photos or FaceTime or whatever.

I really appreciate the support here guys, I am not the type to ask for help, but I have been moved by your honesty and generosity with information. Thanks again

Mike 609-954-2101
Lenny22

Post by Lenny22 »

Found a better one on my phone
Attachments
052A540A-05D7-431F-BF09-0820FD8936AA.jpeg
Lenny22

Post by Lenny22 »

A few more photos
Attachments
AE16DFD8-0032-41D1-8423-28E050E071F6.jpeg
E32439C7-433F-41F7-9D20-F2308D79B7DA.jpeg
Lenny22

Post by Lenny22 »

Trouble attaching photos as usual haha
Lenny22

Post by Lenny22 »

After getting home from the hospital I did notice a small chip in the neck near the treble side of the first fret. The fret is unaffected and it does not interfere with playability. I added a photo as well for full transparency
Lenny22

Post by Lenny22 »

Made the pics smaller hope this works
Attachments
83F50EC5-B1E5-4516-A823-C2A02EB85FF3.jpeg
0785B2D1-DA5D-4A7E-9454-E315DF30AFA6.jpeg
3670ACCF-D913-45EA-BD5D-1F6DD0B9763F.jpeg
D994B988-7DB5-4A18-9335-DF8C8D8E08AB.jpeg
Lenny22

Post by Lenny22 »