My Coil Tap Mod for Three More Sounds

Discussions of every Fly in every variation including Deluxe, Classic, Mojo, Artist, Supreme, Stealth, Concert/Bronze, and custom Flys
Paul Marossy
Forum Veteran

Re: My Coil Tap Mod for Three More Sounds

Post by Paul Marossy »

Big Swifty wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:46 am Nice work @Paul Marossy !

But do tell...what's your problem with the vibrato?

B.S.
Huh? My vibrato is working fine… but I don’t really like the design of the arm - it’s too long. Very hard to do Jeff Beck type whammy stuff that is easy to do on a Strat.
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

Paul Marossy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:14 am

B.S.
Huh? My vibrato is working fine… but I don’t really like the design of the arm - it’s too long. Very hard to do Jeff Beck type whammy stuff that is easy to do on a Strat.
I bought a short arm on Ebay or somewhere like that some years back. Perfect! Deeper bends, more easily handled.
Paul you're such a tinkerer - just chop off the excess!
Paul Marossy
Forum Veteran

Post by Paul Marossy »

Patzag wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:37 am
Paul Marossy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:14 am

B.S.
I bought a short arm on Ebay or somewhere like that some years back. Perfect! Deeper bends, more easily handled.
Paul you're such a tinkerer - just chop off the excess!
Well I don't want to chop down an original one... I suppose I could track down a hex wench of the appropriate size and chop it down? You might've got yours from the Parker Guitars forum member called "908 SSP"? I remember he was making those back in the day... I think he was selling them on ebay too.
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

Paul Marossy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:44 am Well I don't want to chop down an original one... I suppose I could track down a hex wench of the appropriate size and chop it down? You might've got yours from the Parker Guitars forum member called "908 SSP"? I remember he was making those back in the day... I think he was selling them on ebay too.
I remember Alex well, but it was not him. I just don't remember who. I bought a set of three. Short, medium and long. I only use the short.
Paul Marossy
Forum Veteran

Post by Paul Marossy »

Patzag wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:33 am
Paul Marossy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:44 am Well I don't want to chop down an original one... I suppose I could track down a hex wench of the appropriate size and chop it down? You might've got yours from the Parker Guitars forum member called "908 SSP"? I remember he was making those back in the day... I think he was selling them on ebay too.
I remember Alex well, but it was not him. I just don't remember who. I bought a set of three. Short, medium and long. I only use the short.
How much shorter is that medium one compared to the original Parker one?
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

Paul Marossy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:15 pm
Patzag wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:33 am
How much shorter is that medium one compared to the original Parker one?
Sorry I got confused. I pulled my spare parts:

I bought 2 short ones: one hex and one round for refined.
I also bought a regular sized Hex because my classic came without bar.

So what I have left is a bunch of refined whammy bars, 3 long and one short, and one long hex.