First Parker!

Show and tell! This is a place to showcase your Parker guitar! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
Loki

First Parker!

Post by Loki »

Hi all,

First of all, thank you to everyone involved in collating and curating the information on this site! I've just bought a Parker Maxxfly online after trying it in the store a few weeks ago and being completely in love with the feel of it! I remember trying a Fly at a trade show when I was a kid and I've always fancied a Parker since then.

I am, however, a little confused as to which model I've bought! It was advertised as a "Parker USA Maxxfly DFR22". Having Googled this, and read through all the relevent catalogs on this site I cannot find any reference to this particular model. It has a Floyd Rose, has two SD USM humbuckers and a satin finish that allows the grain to come through. I'm starting to think it's a PDF rather than a DF, but there is a stamp on the back of the headstock stating "MADE IN USA". The serial number is 7 digits long and stamped into the back of the headstock. I'm not overly bothered which model it is, but I don't want to have drastically overpaid for something that's been misadvertised.

Any pointers or info would by hugely appreciated! Thanks in advance!

First shots are taken by the retailer, last one is mine when I was there a few weeks ago.
484319-SH-114-0041 (2).JPG
484320-SH-114-0041 (3).JPG
484322-SH-114-0041 (5).JPG
484321-SH-114-0041 (4).JPG
IMG-5466.jpg
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: First Parker!

Post by mmmguitar »

Yours seems to be a DF422FR. The 522 had a pair of EMGs, and the 524 had HSS Duncan pickups. Granted, the model naming conventions don't make sense to me, either.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Loki

Post by Loki »

Ah, thank you so much! I had got myself very confused!
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Looks great, @Loki! Congrats!
jb63
Forum Veteran

Post by jb63 »

that has one of my favorite necks!
just plain lost
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

She's a beauty!
Notes_Norton
DragonFly Veteran

Post by Notes_Norton »

HNGD!!!

I love my DF guitars, I think you made a very good purchase. And it's beautiful, too.
Bob "Notes" Norton
Norton Music: http://www.nortonmusic.com Band-in-a-Box power user style software
Also The Sophisticats: http://www.s-cats.com
Loki

Post by Loki »

Thank you so much for identifying the model! It arrived in a bit of a state with rusty strings on… however after being taken apart and cleaned, fretboard oiled and a set-up, I completely love it! I think I’ve found one of the only guitars I’ve ever played that will keep me away from Ibanez :lol:
jester700

Post by jester700 »

Indeed. Everything I liked about my fave Ibanezes (1990's Radius & Saber) - thin, light, fast. Except better at it than either of the Ibanez attempts.