Deluxe Fly for sale on the Bay

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
Flycatcher

Deluxe Fly for sale on the Bay

Post by Flycatcher »

Hi Everyone,
I'm a new member and excited about this site and want to thank the Site Administrator for maintaining this Forum, and to all the contributions coming from it's members.
I'm looking to purchase a Fly and was on Ebay today viewing a listing "First Generation Parker Fly Deluxe"
The guitar is in fair condition with a serial number 227156BMH.
From my limited knowledge, wouldn't this number indicate that it has a mahogany body indicating a Classic model, not Deluxe?
Thank you for your input- Mike
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Deluxe Fly for sale on the Bay

Post by mmmguitar »

Yes; BMH is Classic. Forgive me if I’m out of line in warning anyone reading that the guitar you’re referring to is also a turd which will end up costing more to restore than a slightly more expensive Fly in much better condition (missing proprietary fret, missing/damaged electronics, unknown degree of CF fingerboard damage that will require refinishing, etc.).
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Welcome @Flycatcher! Glad you’re here!!

Good catch and nice job identifying that a first-generation Fly by most people’s account would mean “first-year”, which was 1993. The seller likely means “of the original Ken Parker” era.

And congrats on identifying that this is a Fly Classic and not a Fly Deluxe! As you continue to review listings for Flys on eBay, Reverb, Guitar Center and pretty much everywhere else, there's sometimes major misidentification of Flys! 🙂 From “Mojo Deluxes” to “Artist Supremes” there’s no shortage of P36s labeled as NiteFlys and everything in between!! 🤣

Just go by the serial (like you did) and you’ll be good!
Flycatcher

Post by Flycatcher »

Thanks for your comments.