loose tremolo arm (pre refined fly classic)

Discussions of every Fly in every variation including Deluxe, Classic, Mojo, Artist, Supreme, Stealth, Concert/Bronze, and custom Flys
igor

loose tremolo arm (pre refined fly classic)

Post by igor »

Hello -

Maybe someone here might have some advice. I have a 98 classic that has a slightly loose tremolo arm. Loose in the sense that the aluminum hex arm holder in the bridge seems to be wiggling a bit inside the bridge itself. I tried tightening the set screw or loosening it - still the same problem. Is there an easy fix for this?
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Re: loose tremolo arm (pre refined fly classic)

Post by Patzag »

Hi.
The set screw is only there to create friction to prevent the bushing from swinging freely.
To tighten the arm, remove it, bend the insert section ever so slightly and push it back in. It'll fit snugly. Don't overdo it.
igor

Post by igor »

Patzag wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:12 pm Hi.
The set screw is only there to create friction to prevent the bushing from swinging freely.
To tighten the arm, remove it, bend the insert section ever so slightly and push it back in. It'll fit snugly. Don't overdo it.
I could be wrong, but this appears to be not the issue. The whole aluminum housing that holds the trem arm moves with it inside the bridge.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Loose vibrato arm

Post by vjmanzo »

The bottom part of the pre-refined bushing is a threaded part the screws onto the larger part; make sure it’s tight on the larger part of the bushing, maybe? You’d have to turn it.

#VibratoBridge
billy
Forum Veteran

Post by billy »

Agree with VJ.

If I recall correctly, the hex bar can be used to tighten that nut by inserting it from the backside and using an open end wrench on on the top side.

Don’t need to torque it too much either.
Billy

Spruce spruce and CF forever...