“What’s This Worth?” Thread

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Re: “What’s This Worth?” Thread

Post by Patzag »

This one takes the cake!
https://reverb.com/item/65511620-parker ... remolo-arm
It's also sitting in my Reverb feed next to a PM10 selling for $500.00 including same "Premium" bag!
Oy!
Voice Of Reason
Forum Veteran

Post by Voice Of Reason »

Patzag wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:23 pm It's also sitting in my Reverb feed next to a PM10 selling for $500.00 including same "Premium" bag!
Oy!
Behold the power of greed.

I wonder how much I could get for a photograph of a spring in mint condition.
1998 Fly Classic
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Down to $2,100 for this Purple '02 Deluxe with Parker gigbag and no hex bar.

Edit: Thank you Pat for correcting my apparent color blindness (guitar looked black on one device and on another is clearly purple). 8-)
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

mmmguitar wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:28 pm Down to $2,100 for this Purple '02 Deluxe with Parker gigbag and no hex bar.
Mmmmm….discounted purple…

3CB9487C-26EB-4773-8F68-A0C8C4502AD9.jpeg
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

This beater prerefined Deluxe that's been rewired PTP is sitting at $1,672 without an offer option. Other prerefined Flys (including the above-posted "discounted purple") have been trending downward to around $2,100. Most listings seem to have been sitting for weeks.

Without getting off on too curmudgeonly a rant, ol' Judge Holden himself posted one of his brand spotlights/shameless advertisements he periodically throws out in an attempt to chum the waters for whichever of his hoarded conglomeraton of guitars he's decided to sell. Despite some members in the FB groups salivating over the prospect of the "McKnight bump" temporarily juicing perceived demand of their guitars, I've not noted any kind of splash between then and now. That none of Phil's Flys or NiteFlys ended up making it to the Reverb chopping block tells me he observed the same thing.

We also have a Maple Classic (less-figured, prerefined Supreme) on eBay, with a starting bid of $2,730 and a make-an-offer option.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

mmmguitar wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:46 pm
Without getting off on too curmudgeonly a rant, ol' Judge Holden himself posted one of his brand spotlights/shameless advertisements he periodically throws out in an attempt to chum the waters for whichever of his hoarded conglomeraton of guitars he's decided to sell. Despite some members in the FB groups salivating over the prospect of the "McKnight bump" temporarily juicing perceived demand of their guitars, I've not noted any kind of splash between then and now. That none of Phil's Flys or NiteFlys ended up making it to the Reverb chopping block tells me he observed the same thing.
Ah! I'm French, so I had to look up several words and historical references to make sense of this gem of a post.
Always amazingly entertaining and on point.

Yes, the Pandemic has been declared over. Maybe prices will return to Pre-Covid levels and I'll be able to afford a Supreme for $1700.00! :lol:
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Patzag wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:09 am I had to look up several words and historical references to make sense of this gem of a post.
C’est gentil de ta part. Merci. Your good nature is the only dignity associated with the indulgent way I tend to post. I’ll continue scanning the horizon for a maple-bodied Fly you find irresistible.
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

mmmguitar wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:17 pm
Patzag wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:09 am I had to look up several words and historical references to make sense of this gem of a post.
C’est gentil de ta part. Merci. Your good nature is the only dignity associated with the indulgent way I tend to post. I’ll continue scanning the horizon for a maple-bodied Fly you find irresistible.
Very kind of you.
TBH, my fetish is really just with an unpainted instrument. Maple, Spruce, Butternut, Mahogany don't matter very much. In fact, I would survive well without another Fly. I just LOVE the WOOD grain. Somehow, I feel that I'd be even closer to the instrument.
I know, it's kinda stupid, but hey - I'm a guitar player after all!
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

@Patzag, I lean the same way: Any time I spec out a guitar in a brand's builder, it's always a thin, natural finish. However particular you wish to be, it just means more guitars for the rest of us who shop with our eyes. ;)
BMA_USA

Post by BMA_USA »

Have we seen this one before? It looks like an 08 with the rare custom pickguard option.

https://reverb.com/item/66289188-parker ... blue-burst
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

I've never seen one desecrated in that manner. I wouldn't pay $2k for it - but neither will I be surprised if it goes after a counter offer.

2/27 Update: The above disfigured '08 Deluxe in Ice Blue Burst misleadingly crosslisted as a '90s Fly on Reverb and ebay sold for an undisclosed, sub-$1999 offer outside of either site (on my end, both sites currently state that the listing was ended by the seller).

Check out the store name for this 2013 Mojo listing: "For Ransom" is right. The guitar's value apparently appreciated more than 600% in the last ten years and in his mind. I'm hoping the fantastical price is due to his wanting to retain the guitar - But bragging about not playing it for ten years isn't reassuring me of anything.

Update: "Gator Burst" Mojo is now owned by member InsideInfo
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

mmmguitar wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:50 pm ...this 2013 Mojo listing...
I saw that one earlier today—I don't get that price either, but—wow—what a cool color! My "'90s child" brain went right to this:
JP.jpg

Again, I don't see myself spending $18K+ on it, but if I did, it would be because of that color (and possibly because of that Spielbergian association!) :D Dah duh daaaaah duh duh Dah duh daaaaah duh duh! ;)
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

For those monitoring the continued tenacity of NiteFly owners on Reverb who ostensiblty no longer want their guitars, yet demand they be taken off their hands for Fly prices: They continue to be undermined by the downward trend of listings such as this blue one for $1,279 (before tax, of course) and a white one for $1,259.

The last NiteFlys to sell for under $1k were these two listed in July (final sale prices unknown):

https://reverb.com/item/56682644-parker ... -1996-gold
https://reverb.com/item/49400189-parker ... ot-working

We also have an update for this previously mentioned '99 Maple Classic:
mmmguitar wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:18 pm Just posting a PSA for anyone considering buying the ‘99 maple Classic (the 90s-era designation for Supremes with less-than-spectacular-looking grain) currently listed on eBay: [...] as of August 22nd, the eBay listing was removed due to “error in listing” (he sold it outside of eBay). The asking price had gradually dropped to the $2,700 area.
The guitar was most recently being resold on eBay, along with a broken black Deluxe to sweeten the deal, I guess? A few days before, it was listed solo (mentioned in my post on this page from the 19th).

The listing having been ended by the seller with zero bids means I expect it to pop up again, soon. If it's a seller outside of Indiana, we'll have reason to suspect it changed hands outside of eBay. This also coincided with a different '99 Maple Classic in the same finish briefly appearing on Reverb.
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

At the other end of the spectrum ...

"Offering what used to be a Parker solid body electric guitar. Not sure what model or where made. It is in the top ten of the most horribilized guitars I have encountered. As pics indicate it has been sanded shellacked beaten had weird stuff glued to it painted and god knows what else. Pickups work moderately. Neck straight but hard to adjust action. Do not know if a headstock repair, a lot of glop in the way but seems structurally sound. Has the large body cavity on back like better models have but I will not venture a guess as to which model. I do not have wreench to test trussrod. Assume everything that can be wrong with a guitar to be wrong withj this one. It is offered as a PROJECT FOR PARTS OR REPAIR ONLY. No refunds or returns for any reason. This guitar could use some good luck at this point, SOLD AS IS, good luck"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334763548753?h ... R9K25KzTYQ

Funniest sales description ever.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Patzag wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:36 pm Funniest sales description ever.
🤣

They had me at “horribilized”! :lol:
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

I don't see many of these: Final era Mojo (no serial shared) in transparent Cherry for $3,692.99 + shipping from Japan.

My interest lies in seeing what kind of price disparity between RF842s (Fly upper horn shape) and DF842s (MaxxFly upper horn shape) exists as more of these find their way to market.
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

It's a very late Classic. Not a Mojo.
Probably in the last 1-2 years of production.
Pretty. And immaculate.
BMA_USA

Post by BMA_USA »

mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Patzag wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:16 am It's a very late Classic. Not a Mojo.
I initially assumed it was a Classic, then edited my post to err on the side of production having shifted to mahogany necks as standard by that time once I failed to find info confirming it. What’s telling you it has the basswood neck? I don’t have the best eyesight.
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

mmmguitar wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:02 pm
Patzag wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:16 am It's a very late Classic. Not a Mojo.
I initially assumed it was a Classic, then edited my post to err on the side of production having shifted to mahogany necks as standard by that time once I failed to find info confirming it. What’s telling you it has the basswood neck? I don’t have the best eyesight.
You might be right, but it has a semi-transparent top of the classic, without the veneer late mojos have. It also looks like DM pickups as opposed to SD. At least as far as I can see.