Genuine Parker Lover - looking for Bronze or Nylon/Spanish Fly in good working condition

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
Jack T

Genuine Parker Lover - looking for Bronze or Nylon/Spanish Fly in good working condition

Post by Jack T »

Hi everyone, wonder if anyone has a Nylon/ Bronze for sale. I am an oldie and a genuine guitar lover.
This is NOT FOR RESALE or PROFIT. You will not see it in REVERB/ GUITARLIST/EBAY for sale in at least the next 10-15 years, I promise I will do a handover to my daughter who is also a guitarist.

Please PM me with your pics and offer. I will try my very best to meet your expectations.
Thank you very much for your attention.
Fly Supreme (Honey Trans), Fly Jazz Hardtail, Fly Bronze, Fly Concert, Spanish Fly,
and some other inferior guitars such as Taylor, Steinberger, Gibson, Kiesel :lol:
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Genuine Parker Lover - looking for Bronze or Nylon/Spanish Fly in good working condition

Post by mmmguitar »

Jack T wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:00 am This is NOT FOR RESALE or PROFIT. You will not see it in REVERB/ GUITARLIST/EBAY for sale in at least the next 10-15 years
I apologize if any of my diatribes fueled this disclaimer, Jack. I’ll keep my eyes peeled and let you know if I see either guitar.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Genuine Parker Lover - looking for Bronze or Nylon/Spanish Fly in good working condition

Post by vjmanzo »

Good luck, @Jack T! They do pop up every now and again, and sell for about $4k-$5k, which is, oddly, not far from what they sold for new!
mmmguitar wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:08 am I apologize if any of my diatribes fueled this disclaimer, Jack.
😊😊😊
Fly Rod

Post by Fly Rod »

Welcome to the Forum Jack T
I too will keep my eyes glued on either guitar, Like I wouldn't anyway.. :mrgreen:
GOOD LUCK Bro
Gary/FLY ROD
FLY ROD Formerly FLY Wheel
Jack T

Post by Jack T »

Thanks guys!
It has only been a few hours and I feel so welcome here already. This is a great community!
What I have now is a Jazz Hardtail and a Fly Supreme. Love them very much! Will post pics soon! :D
Fly Supreme (Honey Trans), Fly Jazz Hardtail, Fly Bronze, Fly Concert, Spanish Fly,
and some other inferior guitars such as Taylor, Steinberger, Gibson, Kiesel :lol:
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

I want your supreme almost as much as I want a Nylon Fly!
:D :o :shock: :?
Jack T

Post by Jack T »

Got this baby recently. :D
I love my babies.
My Supreme
My Supreme
Fly Rod

Post by Fly Rod »

WOW!! SWEET Pre Refined Supreme you have there Jack T
Love You Honey!!

We Just recently stepped into the LOW Down Steinberger realm
Picked up a 80s XP-2 Steinberger Bass that needed a few repairs
Remember that Ed Roman used to work for Ned Steinberger & His Daughter is still running His guitar shop after his passing
There's a guy named Bob in their parts dept. that hooked Us up with a tuning Jaw, Leg Rest & some LaBella Flat wounds
Some parts for Steinbergers are harder to find than Parkers are
XP-2 Steinberger Flats.JPG
The Fixing of the XP-2 lit a fire under Me that led to the Me now fixing of the Trashed Parker Fly Deluxe
More to come on that as the repairs progress
Found a used Bosch palm router with several pattern bits for the Flys repair today
FLY ROD Formerly FLY Wheel
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Love it, @Jack T!! Congrats!!

Can’t wait to see your Fly Jazz!! 😗 I love hardtails and I’ve admired that model for years! 🤤
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

Jack T wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:44 pm Got this baby recently. :D
I love my babies.

7C1B39C0-960C-4828-ACE6-A2A5FCCFC5A0.jpeg
Where is the DROOL icon?
ahmadimran

Post by ahmadimran »

Welcome Jack! Glad to see you here.
Jack T

Post by Jack T »

Gone before I could act. :roll:
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

I’d avoid that guitar—also, I think it was stolen.
DLQ

Post by DLQ »

Really cool specs on It! Wish it was more “branded” and legit looking. I have a refined Concert in cedar that is about 3lbs and so loud unplugged, really love it. Stolen though?
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

DLQ wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:43 am Stolen though?
I’ve confirmed that @Ken Parker did not make or authorize the making of this instrument. It could have been something that was in the trash—who knows. The feature deviations on this Fly suggest that this was unfinished when it left the factory and was finished later—the frets, the missing composite on the headstock, the finish/serial, for example, are all part of the normal production process.

A “coupling plate” between the bridge and the body sounds like this was someone’s project; no judgement. It certainly wasn’t Ken’s project and it wasn’t something he facilitated.
DLQ

Post by DLQ »

:o
Jack T

Post by Jack T »

Yeah. I was a bit alerted by the fact the seller claims that it was some 800-year old cedar given to someone by Ken Parker himself. The story doesn't quite gel. ;)