Genuine Parker Lover - looking for Bronze or Nylon/Spanish Fly in good working condition

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Genuine Parker Lover - looking for Bronze or Nylon/Spanish Fly in good working condition

Post by vjmanzo »

This one from 2009 looks nice:

https://reverb.com/item/50097570-parker ... t=50097570

I wouldn’t say this is “a deal” per se, but if you were buying one in 2009, that’s what it would cost 🤷 if there’s nothing wrong with it and it can ship to you safely, might be reasonable for you?

I have no relation to the seller.
Jack T

Re: Genuine Parker Lover - looking for Bronze or Nylon/Spanish Fly in good working condition

Post by Jack T »

Thank you mmmguitar! I managed to snatch this one this time around ! :D
Fly Supreme (Honey Trans), Fly Jazz Hardtail, Fly Bronze, Fly Concert, Spanish Fly,
and some other inferior guitars such as Taylor, Steinberger, Gibson, Kiesel :lol:
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Congrats, @Jack T!! 🥳 I was checking out the seller’s video this morning: looks great!!! The seller seems to have lots of great feedback and, obviously, was thoughtful enough to supplement the listing and images with a video overview of the instrument. I’m sure you’re gonna love this Fly! Please let us know when it arrives!! 👏

So, considering the date of your initial post in October, about six months of watching to find/acquire this Fly is not so long! Way to go being prepared to make it happen when this popped up! 😮
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Jack T wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:08 am Thank you mmmguitar! I managed to snatch this one this time around ! :D
Let’s hope it scratches that itch.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Jack T

Post by Jack T »

Got my Bronze, and it was certainly worth the wait. Realized how much heavier it is compared to my other Flys...
@mmmguitar
It's a bloody amazing guitar.... and it hasn't eased my itch at all. Intensified it, actually...
SO, I've got a Concert Fly on the way in a few days. :!: ;) :D
Attachments
Parker Bronze.jpeg
Fly Supreme (Honey Trans), Fly Jazz Hardtail, Fly Bronze, Fly Concert, Spanish Fly,
and some other inferior guitars such as Taylor, Steinberger, Gibson, Kiesel :lol:
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

🥳 Looking good! Enjoy!
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Jack T wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:18 pm …it hasn't eased my itch at all. Intensified it, actually...
SO, I've got a Concert Fly on the way in a few days. :!: ;) :D
Congrats. Let let us know if there are any others you’re watching for.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Jack T

Post by Jack T »

Definitely fiddling with the idea of Nylon Fly. Next one in my sight. #addicted
Koyunbaba

Post by Koyunbaba »

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and I saw this thread about the Nylon fly. I currently own a 1999 Spanish Fly in excellent condition that I picked up second hand about 8 years ago. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to use it as much as I would like and my regular classical guitar is sufficient for my needs. Therefore, I'm looking to sell the Parker.

Photos are attached and I would be grateful if you could let me know how much it might be worth. Of course if you know anyone who might be interested, please pass on the word. Thank you
Attachments
IMG_3439.jpeg
IMG_3441.jpeg
IMG_3440.jpeg
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @Koyunbaba—thanks for posting! Great looking Fly!

I’ve seen these go for around $4k, which is oddly about what they sold for new in the late ‘90s; it’s anybody’s guess what someone may be willing to pay for one as they’re much less common than the Fly Deluxe and Fly Classic. It could fetch $4,500 or more or it could sit there and sell for under $4k.

I got mine used for $2,600 a few years ago, but that was because I was ready to buy one for many years and jumped on the listing within a few minutes. My brother bought one just before the pandemic for about $3,300 if I recall after it was listed for about a day. My sense is that many people are waiting to see one listed, but it’s hard to know in advance how many would be willing to buy one above $4k.

Once you decide on an asking price, you’re welcome to post it in a new thread in our Classifieds section. There is also a “What’s this Worth” thread, which you may find insightful.
sindrist

Post by sindrist »

@Koyunbaba

Where are you located in the world? Am absolutely interested, located in Sweden.
Koyunbaba

Post by Koyunbaba »

Currently in the Czech Republic, but travel quite a bit, even to the US.
Jack T

Post by Jack T »

Hello!
You may PM me for further discussions. Happy to help you unload this Parker!
MuhammadMcCabe

Post by MuhammadMcCabe »

Koyunbaba wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:48 am Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and I saw this thread about the Nylon fly. I currently own a 1999 Spanish Fly in excellent condition that I picked up second hand about 8 years ago. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to use it as much as I would like and my regular classical guitar is sufficient for my needs. Therefore, I'm looking to sell the Parker.

Photos are attached and I would be grateful if you could let me know how much it might be worth. Of course if you know anyone who might be interested, please pass on the word. Thank you
I’d love to purchase this from you. Please PM me.
Jack T

Post by Jack T »

@koyunbaba
Thank you for the Spanish Fly. It has made my day!!! I've just received it in fantastic condition, and very much due to the excellent packing - with plenty of protective material. Don't worry, I've put them in the recycling bin so it won't end up in the ocean. The classical sound plugged in without effects through my AER amp is simply breathtaking. I'd better start putting in my will, on which of my 2 kids will get this guitar.

This is a great community ... @koyunbaba, you are a wonderful human being.... and it has been a beautiful day 8-)
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

♥️♥️♥️

Yes!!!! I love that this all worked out! Congrats, Jack! Looking at the timeline from your first post, a little under a year to get this guitar is not bad at all!! I’d imagine that @koyunbaba is also thrilled to see this instrument go to someone who will appreciate it! 🥳 🎉 👏