Hello --> how rare is my Fly ?

Show and tell! This is a place to showcase your Parker guitar! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
mike_LA

Hello --> how rare is my Fly ?

Post by mike_LA »

Greetings,

I have had a Parker Fly for about 12 years, when I first got it, I found the upper horn jabbing into my solar plexus uncomfortable and it ended up in my closet..

Cut to about 5 years ago, I moved the strap button further towards the tail of the instrument and Voila! my favorite guitar since. :mrgreen:

I have a couple of very nice PDFs but want a back up fly, however; in my years of searching I have found no other like mine.

What makes mine so different you ask?
It's an august 11th 3rd guitar 2000 Black Fly with no Piezo.
It's just a straight up rock machine I love it's simplicity. and no battery to worry about

I put a "Buckethead" kill switch in them . . .

Which brings me to my question, "how rare is my instrument"? Still hoping to find another.
The Ibanez Pia really had me gassing hard but why buy yet another guitar that I wont play?

Anyhow, love my parker, hello from Los Angeles
20181126_110341.jpg
20181126_110324.jpg
20180415_083309.jpg
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Hello --> how rare is my Fly ?

Post by vjmanzo »

Welcome @mike_LA! Great looking Fly!

The non-piezo Fly models are “rarer” in the sense that there were fewer of them made, but they do still show up from time to time on used marketplaces. The piezo inclusion on the Fly was part of its 90s allure, so, at the time, fewer customers wanted the non-piezo element, though, personally, I do also see the value of a streamlined non-battery version as you noted. It was also available at a slightly reduced cost.

The non-piezo Fly was advertised in the early catalogs, but remained available throughout the Fly life-cycle including the USM years.

Also—I love that you named your killswitch states Mary Ann and Ginger 😂
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

vjmanzo wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:49 pmI love that you named your killswitch states Mary Ann and Ginger 😂
Was just about to post this.

FWIW, I’ve got a few guitars in the Jem/RG/Pia realm that I find myself utterly neglecting in favor of the lighter/easier-playing Flys - They’re just too different for one to replace another. I finally had to stop rationalizing purchasing guitars with those Ibanez-style specs as being for the sake of variety (most of them have come to rest in cases under beds).
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
mike_LA

Post by mike_LA »

mmmguitar wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:32 am
vjmanzo wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:49 pmI love that you named your killswitch states Mary Ann and Ginger 😂
Was just about to post this.
Ha! The killer for me was when I showed a kid a work and he said, " Whos Ginger and Mary Ann"? ...
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

🤣🤣🤣
Fly Rod

Post by Fly Rod »

Gilligan Little Buddy.. HaHa!!
R.png
R.png (88.16 KiB) Viewed 2186 times
FLY ROD Formerly FLY Wheel