Thank you from an old newbie

General musical discussions that don't fall under other categories.
bno
Forum Veteran

Thank you from an old newbie

Post by bno »

I was on the old forum for a quite a while, almost from the beginning. We watched with sadness as the the whole Parker saga played out. Found this forum by accident. I wonder if there are very many old forumites here. I recognize a couple of you. I think they'll find it over time.

A clone seems a bit of a fantasy given the innovative engineering marvel the original was. But we can dream. I'm in.

My Parkers:

1994 Fly Deluxe
Nitefly MidiFly
2 NiteFlys
Nitemix

And a US Music acoustic that is not a good guitar. I kind of regret that one. Bought on the forum for $450.

Other random thoughts. Nitefly necks - I love my Niteflys. I remember there was a period when loose Nitefly necks were available. Shoulda bought one of those. Wish I had a Nitefly M. PM-60; how many of those were even made? Wish I had one of those. Should have bought the Southern Fly when it was on the forum for like $800.

I wonder if any of the original engineering drawings or CNC G-code still exists. I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of Ken's patents have expired. I wish it could all be pushed into the public domain and made open source.

I follow Ken's archtop journey from time to time. I love the presentations and recordings. A genius whose creations are from the future.

That's it for now. Time to go browse and lurk.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Thank you from an old newbie

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @bno! I remember you—and, now, your proper forum rank has been restored 😉

Glad we’ve reconnected! Happy lurking 🙂