Besides Reverb, where can you buy a 7 string parker

General musical discussions that don't fall under other categories.
WYLD STALLYNS

Besides Reverb, where can you buy a 7 string parker

Post by WYLD STALLYNS »

I’ve had rather poor experiences with Reverb support after sellers failed to disclose truthful descriptions of The guitars, but I see more and more they have Parker’s galore.

Aside from stalking reverb and eBay, does anyone know of anyone else who sells Parker maxxfly 7 strings?

I know I have posted in the new member intro and the classifieds in the hopes anyone may reply, but this is more of a general inquiry for reliable and trustworthy Parker owners/sellers.

If this is a repeat or old question please delete but link me to the other thread please : thank you :)
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Besides Reverb, where can you buy a 7 string parker

Post by vjmanzo »

Others may have more insight regarding this, but I think the best strategy to find one of these instruments is what you’re suggesting: set a “saved search” on Reverb and eBay and then subscribe to get updates on the Classifieds.

I suspect that there were only a few dozen of these made, but I have no hard evidence to support that; they were only made for a few years, of that I’m certain. It’s likely that whoever owns one of these rare instruments knows what they have is quite rare. In other words: if someone wants to sell one, they’ll probably make it very visible!

Still, they do show up every couple of years or so on Reverb, but sell quite quickly, so I’d be ready and just pounce whenever you see one.
Musikron

Post by Musikron »

Yea man, have a bunch of cash ready to go, and when you see one just give the guy what he wants. I've been jonesing for a 7 string parker for years. I just keep missing out in the 2 I have seen for sale in the last three years. Kids will put a damper on your guitar fund.
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

I’m afraid it’s a seller’s market for the foreseeable future. As Musikron says, the current Reverb model puts buyers in the position of paying as much as they can stand once the product pops up.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
ahmadimran

Post by ahmadimran »

With Parker guitars, especially rarer ones like your MaxxFly 7, my advice is to leave no stone unturned. Reverb every day, Google alert keywords like “Parker Fly Seven”, “MaxxFly 7”, save those same phrases on instagram, and search search search daily. It at least means that should one surface, you will be amongst the first to see it and be able to act on it. All the best!
jb63
Forum Veteran

Post by jb63 »

Plus start saving money.
I'm sure there are less than 10 of them out there, all in the hands of collectors.
just plain lost
ahmadimran

Post by ahmadimran »

jb63 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:33 am Plus start saving money.
I'm sure there are less than 10 of them out there, all in the hands of collectors.
100%!