Hey, looking to join the Parker crew

Show and tell! This is a place to showcase your Parker guitar! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
WYLD STALLYNS

Hey, looking to join the Parker crew

Post by WYLD STALLYNS »

Hey everyone

I’m Chris from NYC

I am a huge Parker fan, the only other luthier on the same playing field as Ned Steinberger was in the mid 80s- in fact I think part of Kens desire was the make a lighter weight and prettier GL2T (arguably the greatest electric model ever made)

Anyway, I was looking for a site like this for many years. I got ripped off a long time ago attempting to buy a 7 string maxxfly, but I am so glad I found an honest, intelligent group of like minded and honest guitarists that are an exclusively Parker preserve group

I would really like to own a 7 string Parker, and I spoke with Jamie Crane and I missed the sale (can you believe I waited years for one and then I ended up in the hospital around Father’s Day last year, hence making me lose the opportunity to snag one).

Anyway, thanks for reading and letting me join; if anyone has a lead on a 7 string or wants to possibly part with theirs (including if you want to trade I have EBMM, ESP, and Ibanez guitars all worth over $2.5k+ and I also have cash/check or PayPal/Zelle)

I wish I could say I was joining your ranks with my very own Parker but hopefully someone will get back to me soon as this seems like a really great group from what I read so far (devoid of Fb/Twitter drama and decent members)

Thanks again
Chris
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Hey, looking to join the Parker crew

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi Chris,

Welcome! Thanks for the kind words about our niche community. Flys are wonderful instruments and I think we’d all agree that Ken Parker really created something special!

We’ll keep an eye out for a seven-strings; might not be a bad idea for you to watch the Classifieds section of the forum. You may already know this, but, unfortunately, there are really not many seven-string Flys or Maxxflys in existence. I’ve only seen a few come up for sale (Jamie’s was one). FWIW—the seven-string Parkers were made shortly before Parker Guitars closed (well after Ken left the operation).

Good luck with the search nonetheless!