Hello!

Show and tell! This is a place to showcase your Parker guitar! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
Helmanfrow

Hello!

Post by Helmanfrow »

Greetings.

I first want to say how pleased and relieved I am to have discovered this site.

As my 1996 Fly Classic approaches its 25th brithday, I've been looking for a forum in which to discuss its various issues. I had been searching quite intensively for a while but was unable to find anything. I even emailed Ken Parker directly at his new company but didn't receive a reply. (He did reply one time about 12 years ago when I emailed him with other questions, so I thought it'd be worth a try again).

It was only through a reply to a thread I started on another guitar forum that I became aware of this place.

For the record: Fly Clone does not rank well (if at all) on Duck Duck Go or G00gle.

I've already been through the Ken's Corner section of the site and was delighted to find a tutorial on replacing frets; one of the two reasons I emailed him most recently.

The other question was about sourcing a replacement tremolo spring for said Fly Classic. I've started a thread for that in the classifieds.

Sometime soon I'll photograph my Fly (transparent blue, BTW) and post the images to another thread.
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Hello!

Post by mmmguitar »

Welcome. I own a blue ‘97 Classic; and it’s a fine example of what the world lost when the Parker brand was shelved. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

I’m afraid the absence of springs is a boat we’re all in. At the moment, we’re waiting to hear news from VJ or Mike Gallenberger about new springs becoming available. Making a Classifieds posting (as you did) is about all any of us can do, short of bidding $100+ for a single spring when they pop up on eBay.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

I’ll second what @mmmguitar said, @Helmanfrow: welcome!

Just to add: we have a thread here related to our spring efforts. Obviously, that doesn’t address your immediate need, unfortunately.

Looking forward to seeing your Fly as well!
Helmanfrow

Post by Helmanfrow »

Well, I've finally managed to snap a few photos of my Fly!
Took only 14 months! :lol:

The high gloss makes it really tough to photograph without catching reflections from everything around it.
I'll try to get some indoor shots but lighting is a challenge.

In any case, you can see the lovely mahogany top, and the blue in the photos is pretty faithful to how it looks in person, at least on my screen.
What's harder to capture is the depth of the finish, but that's so of many guitars.

I still think this is the best-looking Fly I've ever seen, but I might be somewhat biased. ;)
Attachments
PXL_20221030_182519342_resized.jpg
PXL_20221030_182545281_resized.jpg
PXL_20221030_182807037.MP_resized.jpg
PXL_20221030_182556847_resized.jpg
PXL_20221030_182258553.MP_resized.jpg
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

Wow. She's a beauty. Almost identical to mine - which I also love dearly.
Beautiful grain. I bet it sounds divine.
Congratulations!