1998 Fly Concert Flip

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
vjmanzo
Site Admin

1998 Fly Concert Flip

Post by vjmanzo »

Sold last week in 15 minutes for $2,500:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Unique-1998-Pa ... 890.l49286

On sale this week for $4,500:
https://reverb.com/item/40958441-1998-p ... t=40958441
Alejandro

Re: 1998 Fly Concert Flip

Post by Alejandro »

I saw that. There are two of these on Reverb right now, and they both fall within your characterization given that I saw both sell for around the same price before being re-listed at 4k<+. In full disclosure, the other one on Reverb belongs to a friend of mine. The market is what it is, and he definitively knows how to sell it well.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Good luck to both sellers with the sale.

FWIW: this would be an example of how people knowledgeable about Flys drive up the market prices.
Alejandro

Post by Alejandro »

@vjmanzo But if people are buying them, are these folks really driving up the prices? I can't blame them for finding a great guitar at a great price and turning them around for a profit. As a rational person, I would do the same. I don't see how you perceive an ethical problem or a moral issue with this. We're not talking about life-saving medication or basic necessities here. These are exotic, expensive guitars. If I find one at $500 and I'm not interested in keeping it, I will buy it and resell it to the market price (i.e. the price at which they sell, whatever that is, and regardless of my opinion about its worth). To me personally they're not worth much. It's just basically a Fly without pickups or vibrato. If anything it should be the cheapest Parker model out there. But who am I to judge what other people are willing to pay, especially if they have their reasons to pay as much (such as the fact these are quite rare and difficult to find). You have probably found guitars misidentified being sold at a much lower price than their market price, and you've probably enjoyed buying them without thinking it twice. In fact, you probably have great stories of that kind. If you were to sell them now, you wouldn't sell them for the amount you paid. You would jackup the price to what other people are willing to pay, and you would make a profit (and presumably, you would go nuts-happy when that profit hits your bank account; after all, we're all rational).
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @Alejandro—I didn’t say anything about ethics or morals. People can sell whatever is theirs for whatever they’d like.

For the Concert model, there is increased demand and low supply. The market price was, for a moment, $2500 for the one Concert in supply, and then it was gone: no supply, only demand. Now the buyer is setting a new market price.
Alejandro

Post by Alejandro »

Ok; so I take it is fine to sell it at 4k if that's what people are willing to pay. I'm not sure I understood the comment: "FWIW: this would be an example of how people knowledgeable about Flys drive up the market prices."
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Without judgment—it’s just this:
vjmanzo wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:09 pm For the Concert model, there is increased demand and low supply. The market price was, for a moment, $2500 for the one Concert in supply, and then it was gone: no supply only demand. Now the buyer is setting a new market price.
The new market price could have stayed at $2500 where the current seller (a store called Milwaukee Vintage) bought it last week (from another store called Lovies Guitars), but, obviously, that didn’t happen. The current seller suspects, given knowledge of Flys and their scarcity, that it will fetch much more than $2500 (and it probably will), so there will be a new market price based on that knowledge and the seller’s ability (given possession of the scarce Fly) to set the market price to much higher than what was paid.

I don’t personally do things like that, but it’s a free country, and, most importantly to me: I’m not looking to buy a Concert 😉
Alejandro

Post by Alejandro »

Actually VJ, the higher prices we're seeing directly benefit you. After all, you're sitting on a bunch of these guitars lol
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

😂 As if I’d ever be able to sell them! 🤣
Alejandro

Post by Alejandro »

Definitely don't sell. Hodl like is Bitcoin. The Flys are going to the moooon!!! :lol:
DLQ

Post by DLQ »

vjmanzo wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:51 pm Sold last week in 15 minutes for $2,500:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Unique-1998-Pa ... 890.l49286
Wow do you have real time alerts or something?
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Peter Parker has a “spidey sense”, but, oddly: I seem to have developed a “Parker Fly sense” 🤮🤣

Truthfully, I happened to go on eBay and catch a glimpse of it right before it sold.
DLQ

Post by DLQ »

vjmanzo wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:05 am Peter Parker has a “spidey sense”, but, oddly: I seem to have developed a “Parker Fly sense” 🤮🤣

Truthfully, I happened to go on eBay and catch a glimpse of it right before it sold.
:lol:
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Just to close the loop on this thread:
B4E9BC12-37E9-4C9F-83A1-D26DCA46E879.jpeg
Price reduced and sold for $3,390 (with zero offers).
DLQ

Post by DLQ »

Yeah that felt like a weird race to the bottom with both listed at the same time.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Agreed. 👀
Alejandro

Post by Alejandro »

lol A race to the bottom? The guy lowered it to the lower 3k realm and it lasted a few minutes online. I would say the market is pretty hot. He could have gotten away with lowering it to just $3,600 and it would have sold. We'll see how the other one does now that there is only one.