Nitefly SA - please help identify

Discussions of the NiteFly NFV1-8, NFV-M, and NFV-SA models
jrout

Nitefly SA - please help identify

Post by jrout »

I just bought a Parker Nitefly, advertised as a 2003 SA, but the serial number is different than suggested in the forum: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63

Nitefly's had a five or six digit serial number, but mine has a seven digit serial number, and starts with a P.

Anyone have any thoughts on this one? It would be great to know more about this guitar.
parker03nitefly-hss-red-ash2.jpg
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Nitefly SA - please help identify

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @jrout!

Nice looking NiteFly! From that same page:
AFTER 2006: Flys changed to a P followed by a seven digit code. The first two digits are the year, the next two are the number of the month, the next two are the number of the day it was completed, and the last number is that days production number.

The following abbreviations for wood used on the guitar in question (included at the end of serial numbers before 2006, placed elsewhere on the headstock after 2006) should help w/ identification of the model. Neck wood is always listed first.
jb63
Forum Veteran

Post by jb63 »

There were some about that time that were made with a passive piezo, does yours have a battery?
just plain lost
jrout

Post by jrout »

Yes, it does have a battery.
jrout

Post by jrout »

AFTER 2006: Flys changed to a P followed by a seven digit code. The first two digits are the year, the next two are the number of the month, the next two are the number of the day it was completed, and the last number is that days production number.
Thanks - I saw that section, but it appears that is referring to Fly's, not Nitefly's.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

jrout wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:27 pm Thanks - I saw that section, but it appears that is referring to Fly's, not Nitefly's.
Yeah, I figured that, @jrout; that’s how it appeared on the official Parker Guitars site, but I agree that it’s unclear; the “P lettering” section does apply to NiteFlys as well. I think I might change it 😑

How’s it sound and play?
jrout

Post by jrout »

Fantastic - thanks!

I think you're right, I just saw another Transparent Red SA and it had a seven digit serial as well. Although it didn't start with a P.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Looks like the previous owner swapped the bridge pickup and the saddles, @jrout; those look like the Graphtech saddles, so it’s possible that it has the Graphtech Ghost piezo preamp inside.
Twistie judd

Post by Twistie judd »

Can someone please help me identify my Parker
0407233 USA
It’s a bit confusing