Backplate for vibrato-equipped Fly (refined)

Sources for Cloned and Replacement Fly Parts
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Backplate for vibrato-equipped Fly (refined)

Post by vjmanzo »

Backplate (with battery cover).png

See also: the Anatomy of a Fly

We are able to print these backplates in a variety of materials and colors:
red_backplate.jpg
dtishenk

Re: Backplate for vibrato-equipped Fly (refined)

Post by dtishenk »

Can I get one of these for my 2006 Parker Fly Mojo. This is my second fly and the backplate and battery box needs replacing. Seems you are 3-d printing them.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Backplate for vibrato-equipped Fly (refined)

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @dtishenk; welcome to the forum!

We’re not at the phase where we have a plan for fabricating parts from the models, sorry to say, but I believe that Mike Gallenberger at Gman.music on Reverb or wiguitar on eBay has backplates available.
TheGrail
Forum Veteran

Source for Backplate for vibrato-equipped Fly (pre-refined)

Post by TheGrail »

A few years ago I needed a plate for a pre-refined Fly and sent one of my other ones to "Terrapin Guitars" to be duplicated. She did a fantastic job, and I said I would direct other Fly owners who needed a new back plate to her. The cost was $35, but that included her time to duplicate the one I sent - I give Terrapin my strongest recommendation if you are looking for a replacement (or custom color) plate for your Fly. www.terrapinguitars.com
Bought my first Fly from Korg in Spring 1994 after seeing them at the NAMM show. Currently have 5 Pre-refined and 1 Mojo. I'm bigly into guitar synth and mainly use my Parkers as a controller. Two of them have all of the pickups and electronics removed, just use the hex pickup.