Parts, mods, projects, and requests/concepts based on adaptations of Fly parts
Musikron

Re: Replacement PCB (pre-refined)

Post by Musikron »

:? :geek:
yanstep99

Post by yanstep99 »

I have been trying to figure out how the Fishman Fly Rev 1 board works. One issue I have run into is that the pinouts of the transistors on the board are not consistent with the datasheets. In most of the datasheets, the Base and Emitter pins are on one side and the Collector on the other side. The transistors on the Fishman board have the Collector and Emitter on one side, and the Base opposite. Has anyone else observed this?

Steve
yanstep99

Post by yanstep99 »

Here is photo of circuit to Q1 and Resistors R1(10K: 103) & R3 (20K: 203) . The Base pin is on top, and the Collector and Emitter pins opposite.
Attachments
10K & 20K Resistors to Q1.jpg
yanstep99

Post by yanstep99 »

Since there appear to be no source for replacement Fishman main boards, has anyone checked into whether the original board Gerber file is available? Doing small runs of circuit boards is surprisingly inexpensive. I would suggest selecting a more robust ribbon connector, with positive mechanical lockdown, if the board were to be re-run. All the parts appear to still be available, but a clearer explanation of inner workings would be useful, as well as a clearer electronics schematic using standard transistor symbols.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

yanstep99 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:14 pm has anyone checked into whether the original board Gerber file is available?
Yes, and it is not available. 😕
yanstep99

Post by yanstep99 »

Are there any copyright issues with copying the board? It looks like there are a couple of incomplete efforts to create a parts list. I have several questions about the current circuit diagram, as it is incomplete and uses some non-standard symbols. Specifically, the transistors and a couple of the capacitor values are not clear. Otherwise, it seems like producing boards would be possible. I've started a simulation of the circuit in LTSpice, but have several questions about biasing and components. Input or discussion on circuit function and critical part selection parameters from Mr. Fishman, Mr. Parker, or anyone with information would certainly be useful to ensure proper operation and fidelity. I guess the other question is whether there is much demand for something like that.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @yanstep99—we have a replacement board in development in a private section of our site. Please DM me if you’d like to discuss some of that.