Specific Tuners for NiteFly V2

Discussions of the NiteFly NFV1-8, NFV-M, and NFV-SA models
ThatOneAzn360

Specific Tuners for NiteFly V2

Post by ThatOneAzn360 »

I am having an issue with my locking tuners where the tuner will get stuck in place without it locking all the way. I am having a guitar tech check out the problem later this week as I am too scared to try and force it to turn fearing that I may break the tuner. Worst case scenario, if I have to end up replacing the tuners I was wondering if anyone knew the exact versions to buy. I went to a guitar center where the tech just tried to see if one of the extra sperzels would fit in the whole but I didn't exactly fit all the way. The NiteFly's tuners also have that light grey on them which I really love and would hate to replace it with one that does not match. I adore the look of the stock NiteFly. If anyone knows please help me out thanks!
Attachments
picture of the stuck tuner
picture of the stuck tuner
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Specific Tuners for NiteFly V2

Post by mmmguitar »

Though I'm not a Nitefly owner, @ThatOneAzn360, it appears to use the same set of tuners as the Fly (Sperzel all short-post non-graduated inline locking tuners with #5 button). If you or your tech reach out to the Spercels and let them know you have a Parker Nitefly, they'll make sure you get the correct replacement.

Concerning the stuck locking cylinder and/or knob threads: I'm hoping your tech is able to clean or disassemble the tuner enough to see if impacted debris is what's preventing it from locking. Sperzels are generally easy to service; and a simple cleaning and lubrication is usually good enough to save you the trouble of having to purchase a replacement.

Edit: i just disassembled a Fly tuner, for reference: If you unscrew the locking knob from the bottom of the tuner, the cylindrical locking post/rod should fall out. If not, lightly tap the top of the tuner with a blunt implement to dislodge it. If the locking cylinder or knob and its attached screw are frozen or otherwise unable to be removed under finger torque, here's what Gary/Fly Rod (of blessed memory) did to refurbish a set of heavily trashed Sperzels:
I took the tuners all apart & soaked them in Sili-Kroil & started cleaning them up one at a time with a bronze brush & Q-Tips & Have them apart down in the basement now, I will pack them back up with White Lithium Grease & Reassemble.
Note that the steps he took are likely overkill for your purposes.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Specific Tuners for NiteFly V2

Post by vjmanzo »

mmmguitar wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:53 pm Though I'm not a Nitefly owner, @ThatOneAzn360, it appears to use the same set of tuners as the Fly (Sperzel all short-post non-graduated inline locking tuners with #5 button).
I can confirm that the NiteFly tuners are the same tuners as used on the Fly (which Marc has described).