NGD: Fly Deluxe Single-2

Show and tell! This is a place to showcase your Parker guitar! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
vaya

NGD: Fly Deluxe Single-2

Post by vaya »

After a long time I finally managed to track down one of these. I was never really satisfied with the sound of the regular Flys split coils. So when I had the opportunity to get my favorite guitar with my prefered pickup combination, I could not say no.

The sound benefits a lot from the construction of the Fly. To me, the Single-2 sounds like a Strat in high-definition compared to my 2003 Fender MIM.

I found the guitar on an Italian classifieds website and after much deliberation I convinced the owner to ship it to Germany. He went all out and it arrived in a wooden crate. The serial number is 200082BP.
photo1716065529(5).jpeg
photo1716065529(4).jpeg
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: NGD: Fly Deluxe Single-2

Post by mmmguitar »

Congrats, @vaya! Many of us who ended up having Flys supplant our main guitars share your "high definition" sentiment. I hope you continue to share your impressions of the instrument with us as you grow more acquainted.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vaya

Post by vaya »

I just compared the electronics with my regular Fly made in 1997 and noticed that the connectors of the earlier one are covered in potting wax. Is that normal? The guitar works fine otherwise.
photo1716065529(1).jpeg
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

vaya wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:11 am the connectors of the earlier one are covered in potting wax. Is that normal?
It didn’t come from the factory like that. Glad it’s working properly! I wouldn’t touch it if it were mine and everything’s functioning well 🙂