**SOLD** 2011 Supreme w/Sustainiac, Hexpander mods

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

**SOLD** 2011 Supreme w/Sustainiac, Hexpander mods

Post by mmmguitar »

Being as I'm moving at the end of the month, the time has come to part with a few of my extra guitars. My ownership between 2020 to present is documented here. I'm hoping this is the last Fly I'll have to sell (My Belew and customized '97 Deluxe have been the designated "keepers").

I'd like to get $3,211+shipping for it; because that's approximately what I've put into it:

Guitar -$2,580
Sustainiac kit - $229
Hexpander kit - $296
Ghost saddles -$106

I'm not looking to trade for anything; because the main reason I'm selling is to have less gear to worry about moving.

I'd rate the condition "fair" - Not mint or babied, by any means. The guitar is currently set up for 10s, and ships in its factory Hiscox case. included are the bar, spare 9 spring, case key, and hex keys for adjusting the truss, bridge posts, and saddle intonation. The T hex key for the saddles doubles for adjusting the step-stop and spring tension adjustment wheel.

The installed pickups are the original Dimarzio "Gen2" bridge, and a Sustainiac neck pickup. As elaborated upon below, the guitar has a 13 pin hexaphonic preamp, rather than an onboard piezo preamp (the onboard 9 volt battery powers the Sustainiac active pickup preamp): If you want piezo-generated acoustic tones to blend with the magnetic ones via the onboard controls as in a typical Fly, your outboard 13 pin unit is what allows for it.

Beauty shots:
Supreme front.JPG
Supreme rear.JPG
Supreme bed.JPG
Supreme in case.JPG

Here come the ugly shots. Because I never expected to acquire a Belew, I modded this guitar (with relative abandon) to be a facsimile of one. As such, the guitar accumulated a number of cosmetic blemishes on the back where all the invasive experimentation was done (chip-outs where the control cavity was enlarged and battery box relocated, matted areas, various small dings and impressions from where flecks of solder landed, etc.). I've attempted to document those, as well as the various blemishes on the fingerboard, and the one pin-sized chip on the face:

Supreme face.JPG
Supreme back.JPG
Supreme back 2.JPG
Supreme back 3.JPG
Supreme board 2.JPG
Supreme board.JPG

A previous owner left the Hiscox case key taped inside until the finish of the interior of the accessories compartment was damaged. Additionally, the cloth around where the guitar's upper horn rests has a small tear.

Supreme case 1.JPG
Supreme case closed.JPG

The control layout is labeled below. The FreeWay allows humbucker and single coil switching. As documented in the Sustainiac thread, the tone pot pulls up to activate fundamental note sustain when between "1" and "9" in the pot's travel, and toggles on harmonic/octave-up feedback when turned to "10"/end-of-travel.

Supreme controls.JPG

The synth volume pot doubles as a push-pull power switch for the Sustainiac preamp (it is an active neck pickup when the tone pot is "down"). Having a power switch for the Sustainiac preamp on the guitar is necessary when its signal is routed through a 13 pin jack. When the pot is "up" (switched to "off"), you can leave a 1/4" or 13 pin cable plugged in to the guitar without draining the battery. You power the guitar "on" by pushing the pot down. I'll be shipping the guitar with a foam spacer under the pot which will prevent it from switching "on" during transport or in storage. Just let me know if you want the 9v battery removed during shipping, as well.

Supreme spacer.JPG
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Re: **SOLD** 2011 Supreme w/Sustainiac, Hexpander mods

Post by Patzag »

Congrats on the sale!
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: **SOLD** 2011 Supreme w/Sustainiac, Hexpander mods

Post by mmmguitar »

Patzag wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:51 pm Congrats on the sale!
Thanks. One fewer guitar to worry about packing into a moving van!
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory