LOST: 1999 Fly Artist Natural

Let us know if your Parker or Parker-related item goes missing. Ideally, include the following:
1. a few photos of your instrument
2. its serial number
3. its last-known location
Important: Please post the year, model, color in the post subject, and mark it LOST or RECOVERED. For example: LOST: 1999 Fly Artist Natural
vjmanzo
Site Admin

LOST: 1999 Fly Artist Natural

Post by vjmanzo »

This 1999 Fly Artist (natural finish) was recently stolen, presumably, by a FedEx employee in Broadview Heights, Ohio. Serial number is 224059BSS
Artist1.jpg
Artist2.jpg
Arist3.jpg
Screen Shot 2024-03-05 at 8.52.55 AM.png
A friend recently bought this Fly Artist from Reverb, and FedEx shipped it to Ohio—someone forged my friend's signature and FedEx marked it delivered. My friend's Ring camera footage shows that no one even approached his door on the day of delivery, and I was personally texting with him while he was miles away when the delivery notification came through. FedEx later changed the delivery status on the tracking from "Delivered" to "Lost", and seems to be admitting that a delivery attempt was never made.

Please DM me if you ever see this Fly come up; I am posting this on behalf of the seller and the buyer in this sad transaction.
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Re: LOST: 1999 Fly Artist Natural

Post by Patzag »

Wow. That’s horrible.
I hope this was reported to the Police.
Best of luck in finding this and I’ll keep an eye out.
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Being as I don't know the finer details, I'm hoping this is similar to when UPS sent me a box of cookies and claimed it was my Supreme (in that I did end up receiving the guitar and an apology from the hub manager). In my previous experience(s) with having guitars stolen, a police report is necessary for getting anybody to comply with recovering the guitar from wherever it does finally pop up.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
InsideInfo

Post by InsideInfo »

In addition, I'd like to offer a 500 reward if found not destroyed.
syncopa
Forum Veteran

Post by syncopa »

vjmanzo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:59 am This 1999 Fly Artist (natural finish) was recently stolen, presumably, by a FedEx employee in Broadview Heights, Ohio. Serial number is 224059BSS

Artist1.jpgArtist2.jpgArist3.jpgScreen Shot 2024-03-05 at 8.52.55 AM.png

A friend recently bought this Fly Artist from Reverb, and FedEx shipped it to Ohio—someone forged my friend's signature and FedEx marked it delivered. My friend's Ring camera footage shows that no one even approached his door on the day of delivery, and I was personally texting with him while he was miles away when the delivery notification came through. FedEx later changed the delivery status on the tracking from "Delivered" to "Lost", and seems to be admitting that a delivery attempt was never made.

Please DM me if you ever see this Fly come up; I am posting this on behalf of the seller and the buyer in this sad transaction.
Ring camera and no actual delivery? If I order blah, blah, blah, Fed Ex takes a picture of the delivery, and you can view said picture online. Sounds like an inside job. I will also keep an eye out.
1998 Classic, 2003 FB-4, 2006 P6EB, 2010 NAMM Show DragonFly DFR522
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

syncopa wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:04 pm Sounds like an inside job. I will also keep an eye out.
We’re on the same page, m’friend. Thanks for that 🙏
InsideInfo

Post by InsideInfo »

Ring camera and no actual delivery? If I order blah, blah, blah, Fed Ex takes a picture of the delivery, and you can view said picture online. Sounds like an inside job. I will also keep an eye out.
The female I spoke with at Fedex did say there was SUPPOSED to have been a picture taken as well, but no one did. Definitely an inside job, no doubt in my mind!

The good news is, the seller finally got reimbursed for the full amount. Bad news, I still want an artist but I think I'll live ;)

But the fact that Reverb was never ever helpful in the matter is BS. I sent a Black Charvel Model 6 out to a guy through Reverb about a year ago. He said he never received it but was signed for. Reverb had no problem refunding him and letting me keep my money. It was only 1700 so my belief is, the seller of the artist still should have received his money back from Reverb but since this was 6500 bucks, they were much less willing to take the hit. Selective relief is not protection...
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

InsideInfo wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:54 am my belief is, the seller of the artist still should have received his money back from Reverb but since this was 6500 bucks, they were much less willing to take the hit. Selective relief is not protection...
Was the transaction through Reverb Payments, or a third party processor such as PayPal?
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
InsideInfo

Post by InsideInfo »

It was through Reverb brother 😞