Pickup tone sounds tinny.

Discussions of the NiteFly NFV1-8, NFV-M, and NFV-SA models
mikejcurtis

Pickup tone sounds tinny.

Post by mikejcurtis »

I am new to the Parker Fly. I will say it is the easiest guitar to play I have ever had in my hands.
But, is there a way to adjust the pickup height or something that will give the guitar's sound more body and depth? Right now it sounds like single coil pickups no matter what I do. The coil tapping IS working, if I pull the tone control out, the sound gets even tinnier.
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Re: Pickup tone sounds tinny.

Post by Patzag »

mikejcurtis wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:00 pm I am new to the Parker Fly. I will say it is the easiest guitar to play I have ever had in my hands.
But, is there a way to adjust the pickup height or something that will give the guitar's sound more body and depth? Right now it sounds like single coil pickups no matter what I do. The coil tapping IS working, if I pull the tone control out, the sound gets even tinnier.
Welcome to the Forum.
The Fly has a very even tone across the audio spectrum in my experience. The fatness you’re looking for will come mostly from your amp settings.
Also, the tone control is very usable and a little roll off goes a long way towards fattening the response.
The Fly, because of its construction is quite bright, so a little roll off can be desirable to achieve a fatter tone.
I’m using an axe FX and have no problem getting very far tones.
Good luck.
mikejcurtis

Post by mikejcurtis »

Thanks! I'll keep fiddling with this marvelous instrrument!
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

@mikejcurtis, we’d also be happy to listen to a recorded example; just in case the tinny sound is anything more than dialing in the new guitar for your rig.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory