Replacement Flex PCB Swap Service / General Electronics Repair

Discussions of every Fly in every variation including Deluxe, Classic, Mojo, Artist, Supreme, Stealth, Concert/Bronze, and custom Flys
Peaches
Fly Clone Research Team Member

Replacement Flex PCB Swap Service / General Electronics Repair

Post by Peaches »

Hi everyone,
I wanted to formally offer my services in a post, since a handful of people have been sent my way through direct messages or other forum posts.

I am offering the service of installing the replacement flex PCBs that we at the Electric Guitar Innovation Lab offer for sale. The breakdown of cost is as follows:

Flex swap, you supply the flex PCBs: $250 + shipping both ways
This option assumes you have already purchased replacement flexes, and you may ship them along with your guitar to me.

Flex swap, I supply the flex PCBs: $465 + shipping both ways
With this option you can just ship your guitar as-is to me, and I’ll supply the flexes. Price of this is derived from my repair cost plus the cost of the flexes on reverb ($250 + $215).

I do not like having broken guitars leave my hands, so if there is a problem with your guitar even after the flex swap, I will begin the repair process at no extra cost. See more about repair below.

Shipping will be to Rhode Island, USA. If you are close, then you may just drop the guitar off to me :)

Regarding repair:
Currently we have found drop in replacements for all switches. No potentiometers have been found that are perfect drop-in replacements, same goes for the output jack. If you have a damaged potentiometer(s) then I can try to fix it, but there is no guarantee of success here.

Cost of general repair is $250. If the cost of parts for your repair exceeds $25, then there will be an additional fee for the cost of parts.

If I cannot get your guitar working properly and I must return it to you in this condition, then the only cost I will charge is the cost of shipping both ways.

Service Timeline:
I tackle all flex replacements and repairs on the weekend, and very commonly on the first weekend that the guitar is in my possession. For flex swaps and simple repairs I can ship the guitar out that Monday, but for tricky repairs and / or projects that require ordering parts, then I’ll need to keep the guitar for a bit longer.

Next Steps:
If you decide you would like to proceed with sending me your guitar, please send me a direct message and we can proceed.

Any information you can send about your guitar prior to me receiving it may decrease repair time on my end. I.e. is there any obvious electrical damage? Are there any broken parts? Does something not sound right? Pictures may also be helpful.

Thank you!
Kpope

Re: Replacement Flex PCB Swap Service / General Electronics Repair

Post by Kpope »

Ryan did excellent job on my 1996 Fly Classic. The flex from the input jack was torn and no local luthier wanted to touch it. I found the Fly Clone and was quickly directed by VJ to the Reverb site where I purchased a new flex. I DM'd Ryan and with the information I received sent him my precious. After checking out the guitar, Ryan found out that the stereo switch was also bad and had already sourced a replacement. He installed the new switch, replaced the flex, cleaned the pots and tested everything out. Had it back in a week. It sounds like new. This is the best place for all thinks Fly. You can trust Ryan with any Parker you have. Hat's off to Ryan and VJ for helping to keep these magnificent instruments viable.
chrisandrews

Re: Replacement Flex PCB Swap Service / General Electronics Repair

Post by chrisandrews »