Does the Nitefly have the same truss rod design as the Fly?

Discussions of the NiteFly NFV1-8, NFV-M, and NFV-SA models
Reharm

Does the Nitefly have the same truss rod design as the Fly?

Post by Reharm »

I just learned that the Fly has a truss rod made from music wire and was curious if the Nitefly has the same design or if it's a more conventional truss rod.

If anyone could let me know, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Does the Nitefly have the same truss rod design as the Fly?

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @Reharm the NiteFly does have a traditional truss rod as opposed to the truss wire system in the original Fly. If you look at the 22nd fret of a NiteFly, you will see the truss rod nut.
Reharm

Post by Reharm »

Thanks for the reply, @vjmanzo

I am aware of the nut at the end of the neck, I just wasn't aware if it was connected to an actual rod or a wire with a swaged end like the fly. Good to know. I'm a bit relieved.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Reharm wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:14 pm I'm a bit relieved.
#TrussRodHumor 🙂
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Reharm wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:14 pm Thanks for the reply, @vjmanzo

I am aware of the nut at the end of the neck, I just wasn't aware if it was connected to an actual rod or a wire with a swaged end like the fly. Good to know. I'm a bit relieved.
I had the same question when I first found out about the Fly piano wire truss; and told myself that the spoke wheel nut was indicative of a standard double action rod due to the NiteFly representing a departure from the “fly weight” ideal; and therefore plausible. I’m glad someone else thought to ask and confirm something I had merely imagined to be the case.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
chrisandrews

Post by chrisandrews »

Does anyone know if the Nitefly truss rod is the same which was used on the Korean P38? Did they use the same threaded adjuster at base of heel?
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

chrisandrews wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:47 am Does anyone know if the Nitefly truss rod is the same which was used on the Korean P38? Did they use the same threaded adjuster at base of heel?
Hi Chris—I’m not certain and I don’t own a P38, but, based on this image from a P38 eBay listing, it appears that way:
IMG_2614.jpeg
Hopefully someone who owns one and knows can also chime in.
chrisandrews

Post by chrisandrews »

Wasn't sure due to the imperial/metric differences from a far eastern manufacturer but they certainly look the same.

On my parts list i only have listed Nitefly Capstan, none are listed under the P-Series section which makes me think it is the same or no-removable.

Hopefully someone may be able to take a measurement for me so I can compare 🤞
vjmanzo wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:57 am
chrisandrews wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:47 am Does anyone know if the Nitefly truss rod is the same which was used on the Korean P38? Did they use the same threaded adjuster at base of heel?
Hi Chris—I’m not certain and I don’t own a P38, but, based on this image from a P38 eBay listing, it appears that way:
IMG_2614.jpeg

Hopefully someone who owns one and knows can also chime in.