proud new owner of 2011 PDF70 white - mint!

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
JimmyFly

proud new owner of 2011 PDF70 white - mint!

Post by JimmyFly »

Wow, i really like this guitar but I have some questions. I'm trying to lower the action but both allen adjustment screws stop before I get to my desired height. Is this normal and can anything be done? Also, I'll be adding a Graphtech piezo. Any recommendations or advice? Seems straight forward. Thanks!
Geardog

Re: proud new owner of 2011 PDF70 white - mint!

Post by Geardog »

I don’t have answers, but congrats. Nice model.
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: proud new owner of 2011 PDF70 white - mint!

Post by mmmguitar »

Apologies for missing this thread the first time around, @JimmyFly. If the rear bridge height adjustment screws are running out of travel due to the trem bottoming out in the rout, you can shim the neck pocket with a strip of paper or other pliable material near the front to achieve lower action through creating additional back-angle. I haven’t owned a “radial neck joint” guitar to say how much of a difference the shape of the pocket makes in shimming.

Gregsaab helpfully documented replacing his Fishman elements with Graphtech ones. If you’re referring to swapping out the preamp as well, I and others here have firsthand experience I’m sure we’d be happy to help with, should you want it. The main insight with that is that I encourage modders to replace the jack with the proprietary Graph Tech one (Parker did this, even though the new jack looks “cheaper”). I and others doing retrofits have experienced issues in trying to get the Acousti-Phonic board to play nice with the stock barrel jacks used with the Fishman boards.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory