Reshape Hex Trem Bar

Discussions of every Fly in every variation including Deluxe, Classic, Mojo, Artist, Supreme, Stealth, Concert/Bronze, and custom Flys
White94FlyDeluxe

Reshape Hex Trem Bar

Post by White94FlyDeluxe »

Hello, I could use help on a couple of things.

When I play guitar with the tremolo, I like to be able to play with the trem arm in my palm whether I'm activating it or not. So that when I want to use it, it's right there and becomes an effortless extension to my playing. But on the stock trem bar on my '94 Parker Deluxe sits too high. When measured from trem bar tip to body surface is about 3" and I need it about 2" so that my hand can cup it. On my strat, I had the same problem and bent the round trem arm down about 2 1/2" from the 90 degree mounting bend to reshape it so it's in a natural position that fits my hand.

I want to do the same thing on my Fly hex trem bar, but not sure how the hex bar will bend. Has anyone tried this?

Also, my Fly Deluxe has the useless middle position magnetic position switch that splits the coils (I think?). It sounds terrible and I've never used that middle position. But it was suggested to me on this forum that a simple solder to tie the 2 wires that split the coil would change it so the middle position has both neck and bridge pickups active. Is that easy or risky to do for a novice and does anyone have pictures or description of what needs to be done?

Thanks!
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Reshape Hex Trem bar

Post by mmmguitar »

@White94FlyDeluxe, this thread has some posts about unsoldering the humbucker series connections from the selector switch.

However you bent your strat bar should work for the Fly bar - It's just likely going to require more force. The below method should allow for sufficient leverage:

I ended up moving your question to its own thread because I didn't see another one made for bending the bar.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory