Fly 2001 questions

Discussions of every Fly in every variation including Deluxe, Classic, Mojo, Artist, Supreme, Stealth, Concert/Bronze, and custom Flys
Koks2255

Fly 2001 questions

Post by Koks2255 »

Hello! I’ve just bought a 2001 fly deluxe. I have some questions:
Is there a way to change the position of the pickup selector with the master volume or magnetic volume? It’s very tough to change the pickup quickly during playing.
Also almost all the pots are too easy to turn and sometimes I end up lowering the volume unintentionally. I took of the knobs on some pots and the tops of the pots are having a bit of moving up and down. I tried to tight them up to the body but it didn’t change the tightness of the move.
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Fly 2001 questions

Post by mmmguitar »

@Koks2255, if your electronics look like this:

72383EA8-3916-454A-B832-4E34C3D9091D.jpeg
then relocating components will require soldering jumper wires to the terminals of the ribbon cable assembly. Though straightforward to do, many are squeamish due to the delicate nature of the old parts. You would also likely have to ream one of the volume pot holes larger to accommodate the relocated selector switch, then use a washer to mount one of the relocated volume pots where the switch was.

You can increase the resistance of your knobs by mounting some foam-backed tape (or any material effectively acting as a washer) between the potentiometer nuts and knobs.

Welcome!
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Re: Fly 2001 questions

Post by Patzag »

I also found the pickup change to be difficult and handled it by adding a black toggle cover which increases the length of the toggle by about 5mm. The result is the toggle is MUCH easier to find and toggles also much easier.
I no longer run into the pot while changing pick up and I can do it mid solo with no issues.