I'm missing the piezo controls, what are the buttons/switches used for them?

Discussions of the NiteFly NFV1-8, NFV-M, and NFV-SA models
JoshPsyken

I'm missing the piezo controls, what are the buttons/switches used for them?

Post by JoshPsyken »

Hello, I have a 1997 parker nitefly, it's my current #1 guitar, but it has no piezo controls.
I bought it with the knowledge that the piezo controls were bypassed.
what are the switches/buttons used for it, and how do i replace them?

Thank you very much.
Attachments
Piezo.png
niteflycontrols.png
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: I'm missing the piezo controls, what are the buttons/switches used for them?

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @JoshPsyken—it would be helpful if you could learn/share what you mean by “bypassed”; specifically, if the piezo preamp was removed. On an NFV2, the piezo preamp is passive, so it would be need to be run into a piezo preamp outboard (see the NiteMix).

If there’s no preamp in your instrument, then you can get something like a Fishman Powerchip, which will require 9volt power—the controls for it are listed on the parts page.
JoshPsyken

Re: I'm missing the piezo controls, what are the buttons/switches used for them?

Post by JoshPsyken »

thank you very much.
I do not understand what the seller meant by "bypassed" either as i have not opened this guitar up.
(my tools are limited and this is my most expensive guitar by far)
thank you for telling me about these things.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Not a problem—happy to help 👍 if you can unscrew the pickguard and take a photo, that would help us make sense of what’s going on.

If you’ve never done something like this before, you can loosen or remove the strings and then use a screwdriver to remove the screws from the pickguard, and then gently lift it and move it to the side of the instrument a bit. There may be some components attached to both the guitar itself and the pickguard, so just go slowly and you won’t pull anything out—you just want to move it enough to get a photo of the electronics on the underside of the pickguard (or possibly inside the guitar cavity).
JoshPsyken

Post by JoshPsyken »

vjmanzo wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:18 pm Not a problem—happy to help 👍 if you can unscrew the pickguard and take a photo, that would help us make sense of what’s going on.
I will soon, but my nitefly will be taken to practice with my band tomorrow, so I'll have to wait until the day after tomorrow?
JoshPsyken

Post by JoshPsyken »

@vjmanzo
so, I took some gut shots of my nitefly, plus a whole video of my pickguard (where one of my bridge saddles just pops out lol)

I would enjoy further suggestions but I think I'm just kinda boned, lol.
Attachments
20231210_154134.jpg
20231210_154138.jpg