Wrong Tremolo Spaceing causing wrong string alignment

Discussions of every Fly in every variation including Deluxe, Classic, Mojo, Artist, Supreme, Stealth, Concert/Bronze, and custom Flys
Stan1998

Wrong Tremolo Spaceing causing wrong string alignment

Post by Stan1998 »

Hello everyone,

Coming from the Parker Facebook group in need of some adjustment/fix of the Parker Trem

The strings are not perfectly aligned to the fretboard. The high e string has more space at the top of the freboard than the low. After trying to find out the issue, I noticed that the Bridge is kind of tilted to the left and on the right side you have more space between the tremolo and the guitar. The right bolt isn't fitting tight with the trem as well and you see this silver pole that holds the trem. After comparing this to multiple other parkers, this was never the case.
My question is if it is a thing that can be fixed by setup or how that happened. Couldn't find anything online sadly. Thank you all on advance!
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-12 at 00.42.22.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-12 at 00.42.37.jpeg
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-12 at 00.42.22.jpeg
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Wrong Tremolo Spaceing causing wrong string alignment

Post by mmmguitar »

Welcome, @Stan1998. This post shows how you can realign where the bridge rests between the bearings/posts.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

+1 what mmmguitar said 👌

Welcome!
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

@mmmguitar is spot on.

I had a similar case with my '98 Classic, although not as extreme as yours.

You might also want to check the nut alignment as well, that's what did the trick in my case but I repeat, the misalignment wasn't as extreme as yours.
Stan1998

Post by Stan1998 »

Thanks a lot for the help, could align the bridge again and it made it a lot better soaking wise. @Jupiter the nut seems to be also not 100% perfectly aligned and by time, I will get a new nut as well. But right now, it works much much better again :)
chrisandrews

Post by chrisandrews »

You should be able to loosen strings off, pop trem arm in bridge and while applying pressure to bass side push trem while treming, this should reposition bearing back in to post and move everything back over