Rocktron Pro G.A.P. + Eventide Eclipse

Amp setups, pedal signal chains, and more.
rsdio

Rocktron Pro G.A.P. + Eventide Eclipse

Post by rsdio »

Hello all,

I'm just getting started with a Parker Fly, and my initial setup is my old Rocktron Pro G.A.P. digital-controlled analog guitar preamp feeding a brand new Eventide Eclipse. For this setup, I'm not able to use the stereo cable, so I'm running in mono (mixed) mode.

I've got another vintage Pro G.A.P. arriving soon, and I hope to run a stereo setup. That should allow presets with custom signal chains for the magnetic and piezo pickups with separate EQ, distortion, compression, etc. The Eclipse also allows dual mono operations.

We'll see how it goes...
Fly Deluxe '97, Fly Supreme '98
rsdio

Re: Rocktron Pro G.A.P. + Eventide Eclipse

Post by rsdio »

oh, I also happen to be using a Gallien-Krueger 700RB connected to a David Eden cabinet that I modified for bi-amp input. The David Eden company were kind enough to send a blank panel that I could use to switch from their passive crossover to the active 700RB dual output via Neutrik speakOn cabling.

I used to play through a mid-size Pignose guitar amp (not the tiny one with an actual "pig" nose knob), but after a few decades I switched to something with incredible range - not to mention that I had started playing bass by then, too.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Cool rig rundown, @rsdio! Thanks for sharing that!

I’d love to hear/see a clip sometime of your Fly through that lineup!!
rsdio

Post by rsdio »

Still dialing this in, but I have the dual Rocktron Pro G.A.P. setup to handle the piezo and magnetics separately. They're mixed in the Eventide Eclipse before the amp.
rack2.jpg