WTB 9, 10 springs [Spain, EU]

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
Jesús Barrera

WTB 9, 10 springs [Spain, EU]

Post by Jesús Barrera »

Hi everyone.
I am new in the forum, I am from Cantillana (Seville), Spain, and I would like know where I could to buy a spring tremolo 0.10 and other 0.09 for my Parker Fly Classic (Ken Parker age). I only see them in some shops foreing (no Spanish) with abusive prices in my opinion (100 € more or less).
I thank so much anyone information that you can give me about that.

A pleasure to be here, thank you so much in advance, greetings from Spain.

Jesús.
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: WTB 9, 10 springs [Spain, EU]

Post by mmmguitar »

Welcome, @Jesús Barrera. I'm afraid that the only place to purchase 9 and 10 gauge springs at the moment is through the US-based Reverb store of former manufacturing manager, Terry "Billy" Atkins. Because of the abusive pricing practices used by others, Terry himself had to price the springs very high to discourage people from reselling them.

Are you saying that you currently have a 9 spring in your Classic? Are 9 or 10 gauge strings what you prefer to play? Over the years, what I have done to save money is to trade springs with other owners - Finding other Fly owners in Spain and the EU may end up saving the most money.

So far as I know, the Fly Clone project will eventually release springs which improve upon the original design. But while we wait, the options I've mentioned may be the best we can all do, for now.

I've moved this discussion to where I hope others will see it.

Edit: Of course, I posted this without noticing that one of our users had recently edited their listing to significantly lower their asking price. My apologies, Jesús.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Jesús Barrera

Re: WTB 9, 10 springs [Spain, EU]

Post by Jesús Barrera »

Hello mmmguitar.
Sorry for my English, it's not good. I hardly have adequate control over how I interact around here, but hey I hope to do the best I can.
The truth is that I don't have a spring because I had one of 0.10 and it broke. Let me explain: I bought my guitar second, third, or fourth hand (not sure), and noticed that it didn't stay in tune when using the tremolo bar. I was worried because a luthier had not been able to repair my guitar before and I did a foolish thing. I tried to put more force on the bar with my hands and it broke.
So, I prefer to wait and buy a two (one 0.09 and one 0.10) here at Fly Clone Project when is possible.
Now I only use it on a few occasions with the bridge attached.

I'll try to find out when I could buy the springs for here, then.

mmmguitar, thanks a million for your help and your courtesy colleague.

Greetings from Spain.